Physics Mad: 8 Amazing Facts to Test Out on TV!

• Thread starter squirrel
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary: There is no contact with the ground, the wheels are simply turned so that the car is facing the ground.
squirrel
Having just read on the forum that you can drive a F1 car upside down (theoretically) I have decided this needs to be on the TV. I work for a production company who make science documentaries and science format shows and everyone in the office loves this idea. As it will take me a week to read every thread I thought I'd cheat and ask If anyone has any other amazing facts like the F1 car that need to be tested out on the TV. I've heard you can fly a small plane without its engine on in the jet stream of the new airbus, so there's 2 episodes - only need 8 more!

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh - and if anyone knows which scientist I should talk to to try and set up the car experiment it would be very helpful!

Do you want us to start in on the realities of what you are thinking about trying to do? I'll throw two out for starters that require no physics knowledge at all:

1) Do you know the average cost of an F1 racing car is?
2) The new Airbus hasn't even flown it's first test flight yet.

Neat idea for a show though.

But, he doesn't have to buy it right... i mean one could always ask a low rated f1 driver team to do the show, stating that it would atleast improve his audience rating... ;)

I know there's lots of reasons why we can't do it. Thats why I'm asking you guys if there's cool stuff we can prove. I still think the F1 car could work, I'm not expecting Ferrari to lend me there's though! We'd just have to build a working model for the show.

Oh! "f1" is "formula 1". It took me a while to work that out!

"Drive it upside down"? Don't the wheels have to make contact with the ground?

I presume you mean in a loop track. I thought that had been done with larger, slower vehicles.

I take it as driving upside down due to the downward force created by the vehicle for traction purposes, not just a loop.

What is "Physics Mad: 8 Amazing Facts to Test Out on TV!"?

"Physics Mad: 8 Amazing Facts to Test Out on TV!" is a television program that showcases eight mind-bending physics experiments that can be easily tested at home.

Who is the target audience for "Physics Mad: 8 Amazing Facts to Test Out on TV!"?

The target audience for "Physics Mad: 8 Amazing Facts to Test Out on TV!" is anyone interested in science, particularly in the field of physics. It is suitable for all ages and can be enjoyed by both children and adults.

What kind of experiments are featured in "Physics Mad: 8 Amazing Facts to Test Out on TV!"?

The experiments featured in "Physics Mad: 8 Amazing Facts to Test Out on TV!" are all related to different principles of physics, such as gravity, force, and energy. They are designed to be fun and interactive, allowing viewers to learn about physics through hands-on activities.

Can these experiments be replicated at home?

Yes, all of the experiments featured in "Physics Mad: 8 Amazing Facts to Test Out on TV!" can be easily replicated at home with simple materials that can be found around the house or purchased at a local store. However, adult supervision is recommended for safety purposes.

What are the benefits of watching "Physics Mad: 8 Amazing Facts to Test Out on TV!"?

Watching "Physics Mad: 8 Amazing Facts to Test Out on TV!" can help viewers develop a better understanding and appreciation for the laws of physics. It can also inspire curiosity and creativity, and encourage viewers to further explore the world of science.