Calculate the molarity of the sodium carbonate solution

In summary, the conversation is about standardizing a solution of sulphuric acid by neutralizing it with a sodium carbonate solution. The question is asking for help on how to calculate the molarity of the sodium carbonate solution. The steps involved include finding the number of moles of sodium carbonate by dividing the mass by the molar mass, and then using the molarity formula to calculate the concentration. The questioner is also asking for clarification on the relationship between volume and moles in molarity.
suf7
Pleez Help Me!

when a solution of sulphuric acid was standardised the following results were obtained. exactly 5.3g of pure anhydrous sodium carbonate were dissolved in wter and made up to 250cm3 of solution. 25cm3 of this solution were neutralised by 20cm3 of the acid. calculate the molarity of the sodium carbonate solution.

can sum1 show me how2tackle this question pleez??..i wana know what are the steps involved so i can do similar questions on my own..what do i do with this??..thank u!

Chemistry news on Phys.org
How would you relate 25cm3 to moles using molarity?

GCT said:
How would you relate 25cm3 to moles using molarity?

is molarity = moles over volume??
so 25cm3 needs to be converted into dm3 by dividing by 1000 then how wud i work out the moles??

You know the mass of Sodium Carbonate (5.3 g). You can look up/calculate the molar mass. Divide the amount of Na2CO3 you have by the molar mass to get the number of moles you have.

5.3 grams of Na2CO3 is dissolved in 250 cm^ of solution.
Molarity is moles of solute (in this case Na2CO3) / Liters of solution.
1 liter = 1000 cm^3

to get the number of moles of Na2CO3 there are in a certain volume of solution with a known concentration, remember how to calculate the concentration and work backward.
moles / volume = molarity, so molarity * volume = moles

Related to Calculate the molarity of the sodium carbonate solution

1. What is the formula for calculating molarity?

The formula for calculating molarity is M = moles of solute / liters of solution.

2. How do I determine the moles of solute in a solution?

To determine the moles of solute, you will need to know the mass of the solute and its molar mass. Divide the mass of the solute in grams by the molar mass to get the number of moles.

3. How do I convert the volume of solution from milliliters to liters?

To convert milliliters (mL) to liters (L), divide the volume in mL by 1000.

4. What is the molar mass of sodium carbonate?

The molar mass of sodium carbonate (Na2CO3) is 105.99 g/mol.

5. How do I calculate the molarity of a sodium carbonate solution?

To calculate the molarity of a sodium carbonate solution, you will need to know the volume of the solution in liters, the mass of the sodium carbonate in grams, and the molar mass of sodium carbonate. Use the formula M = (mass of sodium carbonate / molar mass of sodium carbonate) / volume of solution.