What did you have for supper tonight?

• Thread starter holly
  • Start date
In summary, Monique is having rice with chicken, Denizens are having rice with meat, and Recon is having fish balls.
holly
Denizens:

Please post what you had for supper tonight. Or will have.

If you live in some time zone where you have not had supper yet or already had supper, please WAIT until you have actually eaten and then post what you had, not what you PLAN to have.

Please do this for 3 days...Today, Thursday and Friday.

On SATURDAY night, there will be a virtual meal served to everyone, based on what was revealed about PF eating habits. (This meal is low in virtual carbs, for those following that diet.)

NOTE: Please do not write something like, "I had potatoes and cake." What KIND of potato? What KIND of cake?

Physics news on Phys.org
TODAY (July 7th)

Rice, Fried Chicken Wing, Fish Balls, Tofu, Kangkong with Belacan. Had it just 10 minutes ago. :) Anyone think my cholesterol levels are soaring now?

Rice w/ minced meat, pineapple and courgette (zucchini) mixed through, plus spices.

Last edited:
Oh boy, I already cannot believe these foods! If enough people answer, and the suppers are as interesting, I am going to put it all up on a website, a big ol' website, with comments, called "What They Had for Supper" or some such title. Or, maybe "Scientists' Suppers."

But Recon, what KIND of fish ball?
Monique, what KIND of meat with the rice?

Rotelle Alfredo and green beans are on the menu tonight. There will probably be something else, but I haven't decided yet.

Njorl

holly said:
Monique, what KIND of meat with the rice?
You tell me what kind of meat goes into minced meat :confused: Wait, don't tell :biggrin:

Chicken Kiev in Bread Crumbs with Garlic Sauce
Chips
Sun-ripened Tomato Sauce
Salad: Cucumber, Water Cress, Onion, Lettuce adn Tomatoes
Salad Cream

That is all I have just finished eating. Most likely go and have come crisps and a nice piece of cake. Do you want puddings as well?

The Bob (2004 ©)

*EDIT* See after supper food below.

Last edited:
Njorl...
No, no, a thousand times no! You are saying what you are POTENTIALLY having for dinner. I want only ACTUAL suppers. No claiming any alfredos until actually ingested. Please add a post when you actually have eaten. I suspect you will actually have something like a can of Vienna Sausages and a pack of Cheetos and a can of pop unless your wife feeds you.

The Bob, very good, very good. Yes, add any desserts, which the insane term "pudding." There is a ghastly book called The Magic Pudding; avoid it.

Monique's Mincemeat...hmmm...yes, best leave it generic, shall we? Otherwise upsetting parts of animal anatomy may appear in these posts...

holly said:
Njorl...
No, no, a thousand times no! You are saying what you are POTENTIALLY having for dinner. I want only ACTUAL suppers. No claiming any alfredos until actually ingested. Please add a post when you actually have eaten. I suspect you will actually have something like a can of Vienna Sausages and a pack of Cheetos and a can of pop unless your wife feeds you.

Oh if you only knew how funny that was. If I ate my wife's cooking I'd be at least 50 pounds lighter. I do the dinner cooking in my family, and I am quite good. Last week I made Shrimp Etoufe, Chicken with black bean sauce and beef barbeque. I think my best meals are my chicken Kiev, my Beef with snow peas and lasagna, but they are a lot of work.

Besides, you said, "Or will have."

Njorl

Njorl: Hmmph. Let's ignore what I SAID and deal only with what I MEANT to say. Along with your cooking abilities, don't you have any mind-reading abilities?

My apologies on the slam on your cooking expertise. I would like to have supper at your house.
TO CLARIFY: Write you what you ATE not what you HOPE to eat. THIS IS A SCIENTIFIC EXPERIMENT THINGIE I AM CONDUCTING!

I also had an apple and a bag of cheese and onion crips for afters. I may have toast later but that is not for 'supper' so it doesn't count. :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

I'm going to Njorl's house for dinner! :-)

Okay, this is going to sound pathetic in comparison...I had one all beef hot dog on a rather standard hot dog bun, a squirt of brown mustard and some sweet relish. Some BBQ flavored potato chips on the side. A rum and coke (okay, Pepsi) to wash it down.

Tomorrow promises to be better (no more leftover hot-dogs from Sunday's bbq). Next time ask me on a weekend when I'm likely to be doing more healthful cooking.

3 tacos and 1 and a half beers (the half beer was a 'hold over' and 'caused' the consumption of the second beer) -- but the tacos were fresh -- and innocent!

Quiznos Classic Ham & Swiss, without the mayonnaise and without the tomato, i.e. ham of some unknown sort, some kind of cheese that's allegedly of the Swiss sort, lettuce between 2 and 20 hours old, and a yellow substance that resembles mustard all on a toasted wheat bun. And then when I got home I had a nice can of Coke.

That meal had to substitute for uh... breakfast and lunch, too... So I suppose you can only count a third of it.

cookiemonster

I had pancakes topped with fried bananas (fried with brown sugar and butter) and a an egg (scrambled). To drink was a bottle of Aquafina water.

Monique said:
You tell me what kind of meat goes into minced meat :confused: Wait, don't tell :biggrin:

If minced meat is the same in Holland as it is in the U.S., then here's a website with recipes of what's included. It's really not nearly as scary as you might think, just very complicated and easier to buy it premade. I love mincemeat pies!

http://gonewengland.about.com/cs/thanksgiving/a/aamincemeat.htm

Last edited:
I had a slice of Mexican pizza. :yuck: It looked much better than it tasted.

It had chorizo (Mexican sausage made with beef and pork), cheddar cheese, tomatoes, green chiles, jalapenos, green onions, bell peppers, black olives, crushed corn torilla chips, & cilantro on pizza dough.

My dog liked it, (of course he thinks the cat box is a 24 hour diner) the cats all turned their noses up at it.

Now I feel sick. Moral of the story, don't eat anything a cat won't eat.

I got lazy and stopped at a fast-food place. The french fries were stale, but on the other hand the sliced-beef sandwich was good as usual. Coca Cola to wash it down. Six bucks and change.

Well tonight I went out to a diner with some friends. Had a grilled cheese and salad with a coke. Then I got home and had a shish kabob.

Left over 4th of July goodies: BBQ steak, corn on the cob, watermelon.

holly said:

Hah, I wished I could answer that but I really can't because I wasn't in charge of the food preparation. All I know is that it was from the frozen food section and all we did was just fry it.

Moonbear said:
...very complicated and easier to buy it premade.

I thought it came from wild or domesticated mince.

Evo said:
It had chorizo (Mexican sausage made with beef and pork), cheddar cheese, tomatoes, green chiles, jalapenos, green onions, bell peppers, black olives, crushed corn torilla chips, & cilantro on pizza dough.

That actually sounds nice, You must not be into hot foods.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Thursday, July 08

For supper today I had: three slices of white bread, one raw tomato (I don't know what kind :( ), some Heinz baked beans, an NZ rose apple, and three bananas.

O, just reading about some of these suppers is giving me heartburn. And I had such hope, such hope.

We have several denizens imbibing alcoholic beverages with their "meals"! Right off, Trouble.

We have Evo eating Mexican Pizza. I thought she was a savvy person and would know to avoid what I term "clash of cultures" foods...but no. To actually bite into such a "food." Nerves of steel, obviously.

We have a noob called Noxflos eating well, if strangely, with his pancakes, bananas, and egg...

Moonbear and the leftover hotdog, though: Gadzooks. I am not surprised at the choice of drink, no, not at all. Tsk, tsk.

Janitor did well to choose Arby's...at least, I suspect it was Arby's, especially since the fries were stale, but did you notice? No fresh anything with his meal. He did not even choose a juice, but drank a Coke. Hmmm.

Cookiemonster, as I absolutely and privately predicted, went for fast food, too. I suppose that's all he'll subsist on at Caltech. Perhaps he's training his stomach for the rigors of the place...and he's just a young man; how can he gain his full strength eating one small meal a day? These poor students...

As to Recon, I'm sorely disappointed and somewhat amazed that he'd actually fry up and eat a "fish ball" of indeterminate origin. However, the fish ball gains new respect when compared with the White Bread Delight dinnertime. At least he had some decent fruit choices.

Check is obviously a young man. No one else but young men go out to eat and then "top it off" with another meal once they return home. However, the nature of the shish kabobs he ate is unknown...I must have these facts for my final conclusions, you see.

Tigers2B1, with the 3 "fresh" tacos (fresh what? Fresh skunk from Ivan Seeking's place?) and 1.5 beers. I'm not even going to discuss such a meal.

And Ivan Seeking, along with One of the Above, eating Fourth of July leftovers! Unsafe! Unsafe! And unsavory! The skunk fumes have affected him. I guess Tsunami went hungry.

I'm appalled. I better have some decent suppers listed by tomorrow or heads will roll.

Me: salad with pineapple and egg and natural dressing and deep fried potatoes (spherical ones) on the side with real american (? it says so on the bottle) mayonaisse with herbs.

The Bob is winning, by the way, in the Sheer Amount category. Appalling amounts!

Njorl is suspiciously silent about the alleged nice supper he was going to have.

Monique has gone hungry again; that's how she keeps her girlish figure: Fasting.

holly said:
Check is obviously a young man. No one else but young men go out to eat and then "top it off" with another meal once they return home.

Technically.. check is the only one of us who had supper:
\Sup"per\, n. A light evening meal when dinner is taken at midday.

Oops, Monique HAS eaten! What is it with Monique and pineapple? Fiendishly fond of the frangrant fruit, it seems...However, do you note she says "spherical" when describing the potato? She needs a break from science, don't you think? Spherical?!

holly said:
Monique has gone hungry again; that's how she keeps her girlish figure: Fasting.
:rofl: I was going to include in the other post: "..now I'm still hungry"

and the potatoes WERE spherical! not ovoid or anything, though the eggs were, actually ov-oid means 'like an egg' :biggrin:

I had a calzone with cheese, ham and some other random deli meats.

This seems interesting.

For lunch (dinner): A Sandwich made with country wheat bread (crushed oats on the crust, mmmm) ontop of which I put Boar's Head Sopressata and Butterkase (A very tasty sandwich).

For dinner: Peppercorn chicken cooked in bush's baked beans, and maybe some cookie dough ice cream later.

Indeed I am a young man.
As for the shish kabob, my apologies for not being more clear as to its nature.
It was made up of several slices of pork, onions, green and red peppers seasoned with some mystery spices. After my supper, I stayed awake for about five more hours (went to bed around 5:30am) during which I ate a bowl of sour cream and onion chips and drank a glass of watermelon punch as well as some filtered tap water.

I now have Check and The Bob in a dead heat for the "Good Eater" designation.

As to DarkAnt's "random deli meats," I place such "foods" in the same category as Monique's Mincemeat Surprise...DarkAnt is brave, very brave, to eat "random" meats.

aeroegnr, fabulous in physics and math but unable to discern between lunch and supper, has an interesting post as to what he had "for dinner." He is evidently UNSURE whether or not he ingested some "cookie dough ice cream." I really must wonder about some of our members, yes, indeed.

So what did YOU have for dinner holly :smirk: