Throwing Machines: Information on Tennis & Volleyball Machines

• Thread starter burak
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Machines
In summary, the conversation is about seeking information on ball throwing machines, specifically tennis and volleyball throwing machines. The person is looking for ideas and knowledge on how to make a volleyball throwing machine, with the main goal of keeping the ball from rotating and having a predetermined trajectory. Someone suggests looking into Trebuchets as a simple option. The person is also looking for suggestions on how to control the velocity of the motor in the machine.
burak
I wonder that are there anyone who have an idea about ball throwing machines(tennis ball throwing machine, volleyball throwing machine etc.) How can i get information about this subject?
(i am sorry of my bad english, i wish i could explain what i want to learn :smile: )

Engineering news on Phys.org
hitssquad said:
These things?
http://images.google.com/images?q=tennis ball machine

Are you trying to figure out how to make one?

thank you for your help.
yes i was trying to figure out that.
i am trying to project a volleyball throwing machine and getting knowledges about that. i need any different ideas. the two thing is to keep in mind that the ball will not rotate on its own center as much as possible and the trajectory is determined (specified)

Not sure if you are trying to construct something for yourself or manufacture something, but if you are looking to make a simple ball hurling machine, do a Google search for Trebuchet. It is a simple style machine that you could use to hurl any type of object.

thank you everyone who helped me, i get many informations about the machine. i have only one problem that;
how can i do velocity control to a motor, in other words, by using what kind of motor, i can control the velocity of the motor?

1. What is a throwing machine?

A throwing machine is a mechanical device that is designed to throw objects, such as tennis balls or volleyballs, at varying speeds and angles for the purpose of practicing and improving one's skills in the sport.

2. How does a throwing machine work?

Throwing machines typically have a rotating wheel or arm that propels the object forward with the help of a motor or spring. The speed, angle, and trajectory of the throw can be adjusted by the user to simulate different game situations.

3. What are the benefits of using a throwing machine for tennis or volleyball?

Using a throwing machine can help improve a player's hand-eye coordination, reaction time, and overall skill level. It also allows for consistent and repetitive practice, which is essential for mastering certain techniques in these sports.

4. Can throwing machines be used for both tennis and volleyball?

Yes, there are throwing machines specifically designed for both tennis and volleyball. However, some models may be versatile and able to accommodate both sports with the use of different attachments or settings.

5. What should I consider when purchasing a throwing machine?

Some factors to consider when purchasing a throwing machine include the type of sport it is designed for, the speed and angle range, and the size and portability of the machine. It is also important to read reviews and consider the warranty and customer support offered by the manufacturer.