How to make a hologram by myself ?

• Thread starter ngkamsengpeter
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hologram
In summary, you need a laser, an optic plate, and some other materials to create a hologram. The optic plate is a special piece of equipment that helps create a clear image. You can make the optic plate yourself or find it pre-made.
ngkamsengpeter
I want to create a hologram by myself . How can I create it . I know that I need a laser a optic plate . But what is optic plate ? Can I make it by myself ?

Physics news on Phys.org
I mentioned this book in a recent holography thread, but I'll mention it here again. Check out the Holography Handbook:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0894960164/?tag=pfamazon01-20

It has lots of practical tips for making your own holograms, including making your optical table with a sand table -- pretty creative. You'll still need a laser with a reasonable coherence length, but the rest of the stuff is easy to make or buy from Edmund Scientific, etc.

A few friends of mine did a Holography project for an experimental physics class last year. I'll see if I can find a copy of the paper for you.

Hi, Chris. Welcome to PF, and thanks for the assist.

It's Christastic.

Do I care how ecstatic he is about being Chris? :tongue:

heheh, call me mud if you want to, what's in a name?

berkeman said:
I mentioned this book in a recent holography thread, but I'll mention it here again. Check out the Holography Handbook:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0894960164/?tag=pfamazon01-20
It has lots of practical tips for making your own holograms, including making your optical table with a sand table -- pretty creative. You'll still need a laser with a reasonable coherence length, but the rest of the stuff is easy to make or buy from Edmund Scientific, etc.
It need money to buy . I want something free . Do you have any free information on creating holograms

http://home.earthlink.net/~drestinblack/hologram.htm"

Last edited by a moderator:
Danger said:
http://home.earthlink.net/~drestinblack/hologram.htm"
I want to learn the tradisional way to make hologram but the link you recommend to me is not the tradisional way because it doesn't use laser . Do you have another link .

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What materials do I need to make a hologram by myself?

To make a hologram by yourself, you will need a laser pointer, a holographic film, a transparent object, a dark room, and a tripod or stable surface to hold the objects in place.

2. How does a hologram work?

A hologram works by recording the interference pattern of two or more light beams on a photographic film. When a laser light is shone onto the film, it diffracts and produces a 3D image that appears to float in space.

3. Can I make a hologram with any type of laser?

No, you will need a laser with a specific wavelength to create a hologram. Green lasers with a wavelength of 532nm are the most commonly used for making holograms at home.

4. Do I need special software or equipment to make a hologram?

No, you do not need any special software or equipment to make a hologram at home. However, you will need a dark room or a dark box to prevent any other light from interfering with the holographic image.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when making a hologram by myself?

Yes, it is important to handle lasers with care and avoid looking directly into the beam. It is also recommended to wear protective eyewear when working with lasers. Additionally, make sure to follow all instructions carefully and work in a well-ventilated area to avoid inhaling any chemicals used in the holographic film development process.