Why Did FOX Cancel 'Who's Your Daddy' in the US?

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
In summary, there was a television show called "Who's your daddy?" that aired in the US but was canceled after one episode. It featured a homosexual couple moving into a conservative neighborhood and trying to win a free house from a company. However, before it even aired, the network decided it was a stupid idea and canceled it. The show also faced backlash in Australia, where it was cut mid-episode. However, it will still be aired in some countries with the slogan "they didn't air it, but we will."
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Is it true that they canceled the show in the US?

Physics news on Phys.org
I think common sense should have stood up and protested, what kind of crap are they going to try to put out next?

Actually what am i saying, there was an article thta I read last night on a network canceling this show where a homosexual couple moved into a neighborhood full of conservative families and the other families would decide if the couple deserved this free house some company was offering as a prize for the show. By the 6th episode, supposedly, everyone had come to love them all and they wanted the company to give them the new house but the network decided "oops, this is a stupid idea for a show" before it even aired and canceled it.

I'm reading through that wiki site. I found it funny that the Australian network cut it mid-episode.

Last edited:
Ah well. They're going to air the entire show here, with the slogan 'they didn't air it, but we will'.

Monique said:
Ah well. They're going to air the entire show here, with the slogan 'they didn't air it, but we will'.

So why does your tv network hate its viewers so much :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What is "FOX - 'who's your daddy'"?

"FOX - 'who's your daddy'" is a popular game show that aired on the FOX network from 2003 to 2009. It featured contestants competing to find their biological father through a series of DNA tests and challenges.

How did the show work?

The show followed a format where a contestant would choose from eight potential fathers and participate in various physical and mental challenges to win clues about their paternal identity. At the end of each episode, a DNA test would reveal if the chosen father was indeed the biological father.

Was the show real or scripted?

The show was a combination of both real and scripted elements. The contestants and the challenges were real, but the results of the DNA tests were predetermined by the producers for dramatic effect.

Did the show receive any criticism?

Yes, the show received criticism for exploiting sensitive family matters and promoting the idea of sensationalizing paternity testing. Some also argued that the show perpetuated negative stereotypes about fatherhood.

Why did the show end?

The show ended after six seasons due to declining ratings and controversies surrounding its format. There were also concerns about the impact it had on the participants and their families.