Can I Find Free Journals Online for Physical Science and Math?

• Thread starter kant
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Journals
In summary, there are several options for accessing free journals online without any subscriptions. The IoP offers free access to all their papers for registered users within the first 30 days of publication, and the New Journal of Physics is always available for free. The APS also has two journals available for free, as well as e-prints and other resources such as Living Reviews in Relativity and the Philosophy of Science Archive.
kant
Are there any free journals online that don t require any subscriptions...?
My taste is more on the physical science, and math, but anythings would do, because i am cheap.

Physics news on Phys.org
If you register for free with Science, you can view articles that are +2 years old, and you get the ScienceNow news thing every week. You can also download Science and Scientific American off the internet illegally for free.

OK. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, here they are again:

1. The IoP gives FREE access to any registered users (you can register for free) of ALL of their papers in the publication collection within the 1st 30 days of appearing online.

http://journals.iop.org/

In addition, I think the New Journal of Physics, part of the IoP publication, is always available for free online.

2. The APS has two journals in their collection that are available for free:

Physical Review Special Topics - Accelerator and Beams
Physicsl Review Special Topics - Physics Education Research

http://publish.aps.org/

Zz.

Lrr

http://relativity.livingreviews.org/" is another.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How can I access free journals for physical science and math?

There are several ways to access free journals online for physical science and math. One option is to use open access databases, such as Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) or arXiv. Another option is to search for specific journals or articles on Google Scholar, as some may be available for free. Additionally, some universities and institutions offer access to digital libraries and databases for their students and faculty.

2. Are all journals in physical science and math available for free online?

No, not all journals in physical science and math are available for free online. Some may require a subscription or one-time payment to access their content. However, there are many open access journals and articles available that can be accessed for free.

3. Are free online journals in physical science and math reliable?

Yes, free online journals in physical science and math can be just as reliable as paid journals. However, it is important to critically evaluate the source and the information presented in the journal, regardless of its cost. Look for peer-reviewed journals and check for any potential biases or conflicts of interest.

4. Can I download and print articles from free online journals?

It depends on the journal's policies. Some may allow users to download and print articles for personal use, while others may have restrictions. Make sure to check the journal's website for their policies on downloading and printing articles.

5. Is it legal to use free online journals for my research?

Yes, it is legal to use free online journals for your research as long as you are not violating any copyright laws. Make sure to properly cite and credit the sources you use in your research, and follow any usage guidelines set by the journals.