Program Switch Comp Eng - Comp Sci

In summary, the individual is currently in their second year of Computer Engineering but does not enjoy the electrical engineering courses. They are considering switching to Computer Science and are seeking advice. Someone they know was in a similar situation but it was too late for them to switch and they hated the EE courses. The individual believes it is not too late for the person to switch and they may be able to transfer some credits from their previous courses to a CS degree.
gcsm
Hello,
I am currently in my Second year of Computer Engineering, but I often find myself not enjoying the electrical engineering courses that we have to take (Electromagnetics, Microelectronics, Circuits and Systems) but I immensely enjoy the programming courses and the Computer Engineering courses that we take such as Microprocessor Systems and Logic Design

I am looking at possibly switching program streams from Computer Engineering into Computer Science, and any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
I know someone who is in a similar situation, but it was too late for him to switch.
He wholeheartedly hated the EE courses.
I don't think its too late for you to perform the switch, plus, you should be able to get some credit from your previous computer engineering courses transferred the CS degree.

1. What is the difference between computer engineering and computer science?

Computer engineering involves the design and development of computer hardware and its integration with software, whereas computer science focuses on the theory and algorithms behind computing and software development.

2. What skills are required for a career in program switching in computer engineering and computer science?

Some essential skills for a career in program switching include proficiency in programming languages, problem-solving abilities, strong analytical skills, and a deep understanding of computer systems and software.

3. How does program switching work in computer engineering and computer science?

In computer engineering and computer science, program switching refers to the process of changing between different programs or applications on a computer. This can be done manually by the user or through automated processes such as task scheduling.

4. What are the potential benefits of program switching in computer engineering and computer science?

Program switching can improve computer performance by allowing for the efficient use of system resources. It also allows for multitasking and switching between different programs or tasks, which can increase productivity and save time.

5. What are some common challenges in program switching for computer engineering and computer science?

Some challenges in program switching include compatibility issues between different programs, memory constraints, and the potential for system crashes or software conflicts. Additionally, switching between programs too frequently can also slow down computer performance.