Can I connect my PS2 to a wireless network without running cables?

In summary, it is possible to connect a PS2 to a router wirelessly, but it may be easier to buy an extra ethernet cable and run it through the attic.
incognito-41
I'm planning on setting up a wireless network at home and I'm wondering if it will be possible to connect my PS2 to the router wirelessly. I'd like to avoid running 200 feedt of cable to my computer room from the living room if possible. does anyone know if they make wireless ports for such a setup or if on of the wireless usb adapters would work? thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Something like this:

http://www.linksys.com/splash/wetplaystation.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheaper

let's assume I'm on a budget. is there a way to do this without spending $150 on the router and another $100 or so on the ethernet link. I'm starting to think it might be easier just to buy the cable and run the thing through the attic.

Do you have DSL? Bellsouth provides a home netwrking service that allows you to use Plain Old Telephone Lines as a DSL connection where the only items needed are a phone jack, 2-Wire adapter, and 10 dollars more a month. With one account you can connect any device without running legnthy cables.

Perhaps the other Bell companies provide this. I guess it would cost more in the long run but much less at the begining.

I haven't yet purchased a router, but i have been looking and I am expecting to pay somewhere between $20 and $60. It all depends on what is available when I close on my house. I was looking for a quick way to connect the PS2 to the router which will be in another room. It seems like it might easier to by an extra long ehternet cable and run it through the attic and down the wall. Unless i just put the modem and router where the PS2 is and that would only require me to get a short cable. the computers will be connected wirelessly anyway. Oh well, thanks for the help.

What is a PS2?

A PS2, or PlayStation 2, is a home video game console developed by Sony. It was released in 2000 and was the successor to the original PlayStation.

How do I connect my PS2 to a wireless network?

To connect your PS2 to a wireless network, you will need a wireless network adapter. This adapter plugs into the back of your PS2 and allows it to connect to your Wi-Fi network. Once the adapter is installed, you can follow the on-screen instructions to connect your PS2 to your wireless network.

Can I play online games on my PS2 using a wireless network?

Yes, you can play online games on your PS2 using a wireless network. However, not all PS2 games have online capabilities, so be sure to check the game's packaging or manual before attempting to play online.

What are the benefits of using a wireless network with my PS2?

Using a wireless network with your PS2 allows you to play online games, download game updates, and access online features such as leaderboards and multiplayer options. It also eliminates the need for messy and inconvenient cords and cables.

Can I use a wireless network to transfer data between my PS2 and other devices?

No, the PS2 does not have the capability to connect to other devices via a wireless network. If you need to transfer data, you can use a USB flash drive or a memory card to save and transfer game data.