How Do You Apply the Midpoint Rule for Riemann Integration?

• Thread starter blank09
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is trying to solve a problem and has a specific approach to addressing it. They have also researched previous studies and research on the topic to inform their approach. Solving this problem will have a significant impact on the scientific community and society as a whole. Some challenges or obstacles they have faced while solving this problem include [insert challenges/obstacles here].
blank09
I am having troubles doing the midpoint rule.. i guess I just need a step by step explanation. for instance

n=3 a=1 b=3 x^2 dx

approximate

Physics news on Phys.org
Riemann integration for x^2 on the interval (1,3)? Divide your interval into 3 equal sections, determine the middle of each section. Sum the area of the rectangles generated by the height determined by the value of x^2 at the midpoint and the appropriate base.

Really now, this is probably in your textbook.

1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?

The problem I am trying to solve is [insert problem here].

2. What is your approach to solving this problem?

My approach to solving this problem involves [insert approach here].

3. What previous research or studies have you looked at to help solve this problem?

I have looked at various previous research and studies on [insert topic here] to help inform my approach to solving this problem.

4. How will solving this problem impact the scientific community or society as a whole?

Solving this problem will have a significant impact on the scientific community and society as a whole by [insert impact here].

5. What challenges or obstacles have you faced while solving this problem?

Some challenges or obstacles I have faced while solving this problem include [insert challenges/obstacles here].