What will be the reaction for current flowing in a wire ?

In summary: Although some might think that this question is an inclination towards amateurism, it's actually what he wants to know. If every action has an equal and opposite reaction, then what will be the reaction for current flowing in a wire? Resistance to current flow will be present, and the EMF forces the charges (electrons) to flow.
MalliCk
Although some might think that this Q of mine is an inclination towards amateurism

but yet this is what i want to know :)

if every action has an equal and opposite reaction, then what will be the reaction for current flowing in a wire ?

Engineering news on Phys.org

When Newton's 3rd law talks about 'action/reaction' it is referring to forces between bodies. If body A exerts a force on body B, then body B exerts an equal and opposite force on body A. One of those forces is the 'action'; the other is the 'reaction'. (It doesn't matter which is which.)

'Action/reaction' is sort of old fashioned terminology. Nowadays we speak of '3rd law pairs'.

MalliCk said:
Although some might think that this Q of mine is an inclination towards amateurism

but yet this is what i want to know :)

if every action has an equal and opposite reaction, then what will be the reaction for current flowing in a wire ?
There is resistance to current flow. The EMF forces the charges (electrons) to flow, and the 'resistance' opposed the current.

Big transformers in substations are designed for the turns to move as a reaction from the large magnetic fields produced by the surge current when switching in a big load.

Astronuc said:
There is resistance to current flow. The EMF forces the charges (electrons) to flow, and the 'resistance' opposed the current.

Well i totally have consent to your post, but Mr. Newton proposed that the reaction should be equvalent to the action.
Thats what giving me a thought, the equivalence to the flow?
Which i could not think of?

Probably i could find some one ellaborating that

so what's up

any one here can solve the issue!

Current flowing in a wire is the 'reaction' to a potential difference 'action' between two points.

Point A has a surplus of charge, and Point B has a deficit of charge, hence there is a difference in the potential energy. Current, otherwise known as dQ/dt or the movement of charge over a period of time, is a description of how the charged particles move from A to B, limited only in magnitude by the resistance of the medium.

Reading into Conservation of energy, Ohm's Law and Kirchhoff Voltage/Current Laws should give you answers also.

well every thing work alright uptill it is in concern to opposition, but i can't work out about the equivalence of the two pair?

confused !

FAQ: What will be the reaction for current flowing in a wire ?

1. What is the direction of the current flow in a wire?

The direction of current flow in a wire is from the positive terminal to the negative terminal of a battery or power source. This is known as conventional current flow and is based on the flow of positive charges.

2. How does the resistance of the wire affect the current flow?

The resistance of a wire is directly proportional to the current flow. This means that as the resistance increases, the current flow decreases. This relationship is described by Ohm's law, which states that current (I) is equal to voltage (V) divided by resistance (R), or I = V/R.

3. What is the relationship between current flow and temperature in a wire?

The resistance of a wire increases as the temperature increases. This means that current flow decreases as the temperature of the wire increases. This is due to the fact that as the temperature increases, the atoms in the wire vibrate more, causing more collisions and increasing the wire's resistance.

4. How does the length and thickness of a wire affect the current flow?

The length of a wire affects the current flow by increasing the resistance. The longer the wire, the more resistance it will have, and therefore the lower the current flow. The thickness, or gauge, of a wire also affects the current flow. Thicker wires have lower resistance and allow for a higher current flow compared to thinner wires.

5. What is the role of voltage in current flow?

Voltage is the driving force behind current flow in a wire. It provides the energy needed to push the electrons through the wire. The higher the voltage, the greater the potential for current flow. However, the amount of current flow is also dependent on the resistance of the wire, as described by Ohm's law.