How Do Bumper Cars Illustrate Basic Physics Concepts?

In summary, the conversation revolved around creating a graph related to bumper cars and physics. The individual was unsure of what specific topic to focus on, but suggested momentum, force, acceleration, impulse, and kinetic energy as possibilities. They requested suggestions and ideas from others to help them create the graph, with a deadline of tomorrow. As the conversation continued, they also considered the relationship between impulse and mass as a potential topic.
ebob546
[SOLVED] bumper cars and physics

My group assigned me to make a graph of anything relating to bumper cars. They weren't very specific. I was thinking something that has to do with momentum and force or acceleration and momentum, or impulse and monoentum, but I'm not sure what would make sense. If anyone has any suggestions and maybe what the shape of the graph would look like, that would be great.

thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
anyone have any ideas, i need this for tomorrow, and i still need to put it together, so it would be good to have an idea within the next half hour or so. I though maybe i could do something with kinetic energy too, but i don't know.

thanks

sorry to post again, but i thought of a good one. impulse and mass. what would this graph look like and what's the relationship between the two?

bumpercartgraph.jpg

hahaha

i wonder what would happen if i presented that as part of my groups presentation.

What is the science behind bumper cars?

The science behind bumper cars involves the physics of motion and collisions. Bumper cars use an electric motor to power the movement of the car and the collisions are made possible by the use of rubber bumpers. The rubber bumpers absorb the impact of the collisions, reducing the force felt by the passengers.

How do bumper cars move without an external power source?

Bumper cars use an electric motor to move. The motor is powered by electricity from the ceiling grid or floor grid, which is connected to the metal floor of the bumper car. This creates a closed circuit and allows the car to move.

What happens when two bumper cars collide?

When two bumper cars collide, the rubber bumpers absorb the impact and reduce the force felt by the passengers. This is due to the law of conservation of momentum, which states that the total momentum of a closed system remains constant. The energy from the collision is also dissipated through the movement of the cars and the friction between the floor and the wheels.

Why do some bumper cars move faster than others?

The speed of a bumper car is determined by the voltage and resistance of the electric circuit. The higher the voltage, the faster the car will move. Additionally, the weight and design of the car can also affect its speed. Lighter cars with smoother wheels will move faster than heavier cars with rougher wheels.

How does the shape of a bumper car affect its movement?

The shape of a bumper car can affect its movement in several ways. A car with a wider base will have more stability and will be less likely to tip over. The shape of the bumpers can also affect the direction of the car after a collision. Flat bumpers will cause the car to bounce back, while curved bumpers will redirect the car's movement.