How can I find an endorser for my prime number papers on ArXiv?

• Thread starter Lecopantica
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Arxiv
In summary, an undergraduate maths student has written two brief papers on prime numbers and wants to submit them to ArXiv for feedback. However, they need an endorser in number theory and are unsure of how to find one. They have considered asking professors at their university, but none of them have submitted anything on ArXiv. The student is aware that they need to impress someone with their work in order to find an endorser.
Lecopantica
I am an italian undergraduate maths student. I have recently written two brief mathematical papers on prime numbers. In the first one, I have proved a simple method to solve the factoring problem (that is, given the product p of two primes a and b, find a and b). In the second one, I have reduced the problem of finding new primes to a much simpler one. I would like to submit these paper in the ArXiv, in order to have some feedback from the scientific community. The problem is, I need an endorser and I don't know any. Is there anyone in here willing to be my endorser? I need someone who can endorse in NT (number theory).
Thanks in advance!:biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Why don't you ask a professor at your university?

Because none of them would be able to endorse me. I have checked their names on the ArXive, and it appears that none of them have submitted anything at all (they usually get their articles published in journals and similar).

Lecopantica said:
Because none of them would be able to endorse me. I have checked their names on the ArXive, and it appears that none of them have submitted anything at all (they usually get their articles published in journals and similar).

I'd still have thought that speaking to them would be the first thing to do. Even if they can't endorse it themselves, if they like your work they should be able to help out and maybe suggest someone. Sounds better than just asking on a website.
The tricky bit, is that you really need to impress someone with your work first. I doubt anyone is going to want to endorse you unless they believe that it is good stuff which interests them personally, is worthy of publication and also would be willing to be associated with it (given that they would be your endorser).

1. How do I find an endorser for my ArXiv submission?

There are a few ways to find an endorser for your ArXiv submission. One option is to reach out to colleagues or collaborators who have previously published on ArXiv and ask if they would be willing to endorse your work. Another option is to use the ArXiv endorsement system, which allows you to request endorsements from specific authors or submit a general request for endorsers. Additionally, you can join online communities or forums related to your research field and ask for endorsements from fellow researchers.

2. Who can serve as an endorser for my ArXiv submission?

Any researcher who has previously submitted a successful paper to ArXiv can serve as an endorser. This can include colleagues, collaborators, or even other researchers you do not know personally. However, it is important to choose an endorser who is knowledgeable about your research topic and can provide a thorough and accurate endorsement.

3. What information should I provide to my endorser for my ArXiv submission?

When requesting an endorsement, it is important to provide your endorser with all the necessary information about your submission. This can include the title, abstract, and keywords of your paper, as well as any relevant background information or previous versions of the paper. It may also be helpful to provide a brief explanation of why you are seeking an endorsement and how your work aligns with the endorser's research interests.

4. How many endorsements do I need for my ArXiv submission?

The number of endorsements required for an ArXiv submission can vary depending on the specific subject area and category of your paper. As a general guideline, it is recommended to have at least 3-5 endorsements from reputable and knowledgeable researchers in your field. However, the quality and relevance of your endorsements are more important than the quantity.

5. Can I submit my ArXiv paper without an endorser?

No, ArXiv requires all submissions to have at least one endorsement from a reputable researcher in the field. This is to ensure the quality and validity of the papers published on the platform. If you are unable to find an endorser, you may reach out to ArXiv's moderation team for assistance or consider revising your paper to meet the endorsement requirements.