Mentor/Admin/Helper Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter Char. Limit
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation involved a group of people expressing gratitude to mentors, administrators, and homework helpers on a forum. There were also playful and sarcastic remarks made, but overall, the conversation highlighted the dedication and hard work of the forum staff and the positive impact they have on the forum.
Char. Limit
Gold Member
I recently found out just how tough and frustrating it can be to be a mentor. I don't honestly know how some of you can survive it... so I'm just giving out a big thank you to all of the mentors, administrators, and homework helpers on this forum!

Physics news on Phys.org
1.jpg

JaredJames said:
1.jpg

Oh, **** you.

Char. Limit said:
Oh, **** you.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Was reading through comics just after this and that was in there. Too good an opportunity to pass up.

:rofl:

Char. Limit said:
... so I'm just giving out a big thank you to all of the mentors, administrators, and homework helpers on this forum!

You're welcome!

Thank you mentors! Your generosity cannot be repaid.

Attachments

• 2009-12-24-ChoosingAGift.jpg
    2009-12-24-ChoosingAGift.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 462
JaredJames said:
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Was reading through comics just after this and that was in there. Too good an opportunity to pass up.

Coming from you Jared, that's double funny :P

DanP said:
Coming from you Jared, that's double funny :P

Aww, diddums. It's as if you don't like me or something. Oh wait... :rolleyes:

JaredJames said:
Aww, diddums. It's as if you don't like me or something. Oh wait... :rolleyes:

Or maybe ... just noting a fact ? Relax Jared, life is cool :wink:

Hey, nobody ever thanks people like me for the sarcastic and sometimes hateful responses we give to people who troll the forum with the latest quantum gravity theories they thought up while eating cheerios this morning.

Pengwuino said:
Hey, nobody ever thanks people like me for the sarcastic and sometimes hateful responses we give to people who troll the forum with the latest quantum gravity theories they thought up while eating cheerios this morning.

Thanks a lot, Peng! This wouldn't be the same place without you :biggrin: But you got to admit it, you have the fun job of the forums :smile:

Pengwuino said:

You just discovered a social theorem. If you are not high enough in the hierarchy, you are not likely (worthy ?) to be subjected to butt-kissing. Why should you after all ? Just kidding , bird. You are a cool guy.

Last edited:
Char. Limit said:
I recently found out just how tough and frustrating it can be to be a mentor. I don't honestly know how some of you can survive it... so I'm just giving out a big thank you to all of the mentors, administrators, and homework helpers on this forum!
Thanks Char!

Pengwuino said:

Thank you. If not for the people like you moderating forums would be boring.

Char. Limit said:

I'm amazed everyday for the dedication of our mentors. Thanks for being here for us.

Over the years here, I've seen only improvements to PF due to our great staff taking the time to do the behind the scene work.

I can only offer thanks with the hope that it's enough to help you all overcome all the difficulties that can only be imagined.

Pengwuino said:
*gasp*
My cereal feels insulted.
Borek said:
If not for the people like you moderating forums would be boring.
They post stuff that's interesting to moderate?

Thanks for the thanks, Char!

And thanks to the members, SAs and HHs, who make positive contributions to the forum, and our mission to provide good quality information and scientific discussion - and other fun stuff.

What is a "Mentor/Admin/Helper Appreciation Thread"?

A "Mentor/Admin/Helper Appreciation Thread" is a forum or online discussion where members express their gratitude and appreciation for individuals who have helped them in their professional or personal growth. This can include mentors, administrators, or helpers who have provided guidance, support, and assistance.

Why is it important to have a "Mentor/Admin/Helper Appreciation Thread"?

Having a "Mentor/Admin/Helper Appreciation Thread" allows individuals to publicly acknowledge and thank those who have made a positive impact on their lives. It can also serve as a way to motivate and encourage others to become mentors, administrators, or helpers themselves.

Who can participate in a "Mentor/Admin/Helper Appreciation Thread"?

Anyone who has been positively influenced or helped by a mentor, administrator, or helper can participate in a "Mentor/Admin/Helper Appreciation Thread". This can include students, colleagues, or even friends and family members.

What are some ways to show appreciation on a "Mentor/Admin/Helper Appreciation Thread"?

Some ways to show appreciation on a "Mentor/Admin/Helper Appreciation Thread" include writing a heartfelt message, sharing a personal story or experience, or creating a creative and thoughtful post such as a video or artwork. It's also important to be specific and mention how the mentor, administrator, or helper has made a difference in your life.

Are there any guidelines for posting on a "Mentor/Admin/Helper Appreciation Thread"?

While there may not be specific rules or guidelines, it's important to be respectful and genuine when posting on a "Mentor/Admin/Helper Appreciation Thread". Avoid making negative comments or comparisons, and focus on expressing gratitude and appreciation for the individual being recognized.