ANSYS Maxwell 2D 2dof movement not single line translation

In summary, the conversation is about setting a 2 degree-of-freedom movement in ANSYS Maxwell 2D transient model. The speaker has two fixed current-excited coils and a free magnet and wants to see how the magnet moves under Lorentz forces and the effect on the forces. However, ANSYS Maxwell 2D only has translation and rotation models, not 2D free movement. The speaker has tried to use Maxwell magneto-static to generate a lookup table for the magnetic force and then use a Matlab model to simulate the movement, but this process takes a long time. They are also trying to figure out how to feed back the transient position to ANSYS and generate real-time magnetic force.
samsoton
Dear all,
is there anybody knows how to set a 2 degree-of-freedom movement in ANSYS Maxwell 2D transient model? I have two fixed current-excited coils and a free magnet. The magnet should be able to move in a 2D space under the Lorentz forces. However, there are only translation and rotation model in ANSYS Maxwell 2D... I can specify only single axis of movement but not a 2D free movement...I would like to see how the magnet moves under the Lorentz forces and how this movement effect the Lorentz forces at the same time. Thank you. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me out.

Thank you in advance for answering!

Sam

Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?

Greg Bernhardt said:
I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?

Thank you so much for your attention.
I think Maxwell 16 cannot handle the 2D movement in the transient model. I have to use Maxwell magneto-static to generate a Lookup table showing the magnetic force at each position in a 2D plane, and build a model of a dynamic system using Matlab to figure out the movement of the moving object under the magnetic force.Since the magnetic force depends on the location, the Matlab model and the Maxwell model should be coupling. It works, however, generating the lookup table takes quite a long time. I have tried to couple Maxwell to Ansys dynamic model, but cannot figure out how to feed back the transient position to the Maxwell and then generate the real-time magnetic force to the Ansys.

1. What is ANSYS Maxwell 2D 2dof movement not single line translation?

ANSYS Maxwell 2D 2dof movement not single line translation is a simulation software used for analyzing and designing electromagnetic and electromechanical systems. It is used to study the behavior of systems with 2 degrees of freedom (2dof) that do not move in a single line or direction.

2. What types of systems can be analyzed using ANSYS Maxwell 2D 2dof movement not single line translation?

ANSYS Maxwell 2D 2dof movement not single line translation can be used for analyzing a wide range of systems, including motors, generators, actuators, sensors, transformers, and solenoids. It is particularly useful for systems with complex geometries and non-uniform materials.

3. How does ANSYS Maxwell 2D 2dof movement not single line translation work?

ANSYS Maxwell 2D 2dof movement not single line translation uses finite element analysis (FEA) to solve Maxwell's equations and simulate the behavior of electromagnetic fields. It takes into account various factors such as material properties, geometric dimensions, and boundary conditions to accurately predict the performance of the system.

4. What are the advantages of using ANSYS Maxwell 2D 2dof movement not single line translation?

Some of the key advantages of ANSYS Maxwell 2D 2dof movement not single line translation include its ability to accurately model complex systems, its user-friendly interface, and its wide range of features and capabilities. It also allows for parametric studies and optimization, making it a valuable tool for design and analysis.

5. How can ANSYS Maxwell 2D 2dof movement not single line translation benefit scientists?

ANSYS Maxwell 2D 2dof movement not single line translation can greatly benefit scientists by providing a powerful tool for studying and understanding electromagnetic and electromechanical systems. It can help scientists optimize their designs, improve performance, and reduce costs in various industries such as automotive, aerospace, and renewable energy.