Coil excitation adjustment on 3D Ansys Maxwell transient analysis

In summary, the width of a coil terminal is important as it affects the magnetic field results and resistance of the coil. Assigning the number of conductors determines the number of turns in a coil, and Ansys Maxwell allows for the adjustment of AWG for coils.
okara61
Hi. I am making a 3D Ansys Maxwell project to design DC electromagnet. My model as in attached pictures. I have couple of questions.

1- How important the width value of sheet of coil terminal? Altough I did not change number of conductors and current of coil, changing the width of sheet of the coil terminal, the magnetic field results were changed. I knew that the terminal width value of the coil is not important.

2- When creating a coil, I assigned number of conductors to the coil sheet. That means assigning turn of coil ?

3- Is there a adjustment for assigning AWG of coil on Ansys maxwell software ?

Thank you.

Attachments

• RESİM_1.jpg
    RESİM_1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 77
  • RESİM_2.jpg
    RESİM_2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 78
Physics news on Phys.org
1- The width of a coil terminal is important as it affects the contact area between the coil and the core, which in turn affects the magnetic field produced. It is also important to consider the resistance of the coil when the width of the terminals is changed.2- Assigning the number of conductors to the coil sheet will determine the number of turns in a coil.3- Yes, Ansys Maxwell has the ability to adjust the AWG (American Wire Gauge) of the coil. You can set the AWG value in the Coil Object Properties window.

What is coil excitation adjustment in 3D Ansys Maxwell transient analysis?

Coil excitation adjustment is the process of adjusting the parameters of a coil in a 3D Ansys Maxwell transient analysis simulation. This includes changing the number of turns, current, and other parameters to optimize the performance of the coil.

Why is coil excitation adjustment important in 3D Ansys Maxwell transient analysis?

Coil excitation adjustment is important because it allows for the simulation of realistic and accurate electromagnetic systems. By adjusting the coil parameters, the simulation can accurately represent the behavior of the coil in a real-world setting.

What factors should be considered when adjusting coil excitation in 3D Ansys Maxwell transient analysis?

When adjusting coil excitation, factors such as the desired magnetic field strength, coil geometry, and material properties should be considered. It is also important to consider the intended use of the coil and any external factors that may affect its performance.

How can I determine the optimal coil excitation parameters in 3D Ansys Maxwell transient analysis?

The optimal coil excitation parameters can be determined through trial and error, or by using optimization techniques such as parameter sweeps or design of experiments. It is also helpful to consult with experts in the field or refer to literature on similar coil designs.

Are there any limitations to coil excitation adjustment in 3D Ansys Maxwell transient analysis?

Yes, there are some limitations to coil excitation adjustment in 3D Ansys Maxwell transient analysis. These may include computational limitations, material limitations, and the complexity of the coil design. It is important to carefully consider these limitations when adjusting coil excitation parameters.