Help can anyone answer my question

• Thread starter alnywk
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around an experiment conducted in school on the boiling point of mixtures of two miscible liquids. The results showed a rise in boiling point when trichloromethane and ethyl ethanoate were mixed, but a drop followed by a slight rise when hexane and propanone were mixed. This is due to the type of solution, whether it is ideal or non-ideal, and the attraction between the components. More details can be provided upon request.
alnywk
help!can anyone answer my question!

it is the experiment that i did in school!~
topic:boiling point with composition for different mixtures of two miscibe liquids

first: mixing trichloromethane and ethyl ethanoate
so the following is the result~
Volume of trichloromethane/cm3
10 10 10 10 5 2 0
Volume of ethyl ethanoate/cm3
0 2 5 10 10 10 10
Volume % of ethyl ethanoate
Boiling point/0C
60 65 70 68 67 66 63

by plotting boiling point against volume %of ethyl ethanoate . we can see the curve rise but after drop , so why this happen !~??/
can anyone explain in detail ?
help me please!~

Chemistry news on Phys.org
another

the boiling point of mixing hexane and propanone just opposite .
it's curve drop but rise slightly .
why ?
Volume of trichloromethane/cm3
10 10 10 10 5 2 0
Volume of ethyl ethanoate/cm3
0 2 5 10 10 10 10
Volume % of ethyl ethanoate
Boiling point/0C
67 52 49 54 52 57 59

It all depends on the type of solution, whether it is an ideal solution, non-ideal solution etc...this pertains to the attraction characteristics between the two components.

If it is a ideal solution, then the mixtures will exhibit boiling point elevation with the higher boiling points exhibited by the mixture rather the the individual pure solutions (this is what you have with the trichloromethane and ethyl ethanoate), quite different for the vice versa situation.

I'll try to explain it in more detail if you're still wondering about it.

FAQ: Help can anyone answer my question

What is the purpose of asking for help?

The purpose of asking for help is to seek assistance in understanding or solving a particular problem or question.

Why do people ask for help instead of finding the answer themselves?

People may ask for help because they do not have the knowledge, resources, or time to find the answer on their own. They may also want a second opinion or perspective on the issue.

Are there any benefits to asking for help?

Yes, asking for help can result in gaining new knowledge, learning from others, and finding efficient solutions to problems. It can also foster collaboration and build relationships.

How can I ensure that I receive helpful and accurate answers to my question?

To increase the likelihood of receiving helpful and accurate answers, be specific and clear in your question, provide any relevant background information, and be open to different perspectives and solutions.

Is it appropriate to ask for help in a professional setting?

Yes, it is appropriate to ask for help in a professional setting. In fact, seeking help and collaborating with others is often encouraged in a professional setting for the benefit of the team and the organization.