Large Lot of Chemistry equipment left by my brother

In summary, the speaker has a large lot of lab equipment that they are trying to sell after it was left to their friend by their deceased brother. They are unsure of where to sell the equipment and are considering options such as Ebay, but are concerned about it breaking during shipping. They are also open to the idea of donating the equipment to a high school or organization like Seeding Labs. The equipment belonged to someone who passed away from cancer and the money from selling it will go towards covering their medical expenses. Another suggestion is to sell the equipment to schools or youth centers at a discounted price.
Witchdoctor
I have a large lot of beakers, tubes, various types of lab glass that was left to my friend when his brother died. Nobody really understands what most of it is for, but I have agreed to help them dispose of it. Ebay seems an unlikely choice as this stuff would probably break in shipping; Can anyone help me out on how to help the family out and sell off this stuff? We don't need to get full retail but it would help if there was someone who could direct use to where you sell off this sort of thing. I am a musician, so other than looking it all up individually on Ebay I ahve no idea. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. BTW I am in Atlanta.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Perhaps you could consider donating it to a high school chemistry lab? Another option for donation to consider organizations like Seeding Labs which try to provide schools and universities in the developing world with laboratory equipment.

We are donating the massive amount of test tubes and petri dishes as well as a group of telescopes. The person who died passed of a bad cancer that was expensive to treat so much of the really expensive stuff must be sold to recoup.

You could also sell them to schools or youth centers hopefully. Since if you don't sell them, school staff would also buy them from shops, they would buy them if you can lower the price a little bit. And they usually buy them in large amounts, which is a good source of demand.

I can understand the value and potential of the chemistry equipment that was left by your brother. It is important to properly dispose of these items in a safe and responsible manner. I would suggest reaching out to local universities or colleges that have chemistry departments. They may be interested in purchasing or taking the equipment off your hands. Additionally, there are online marketplaces specifically for buying and selling used laboratory equipment, such as LabX and BioSurplus. You can also reach out to local science museums or high schools to see if they have any need for the equipment. It is important to properly research and price the items before selling them to ensure a fair value for both parties. I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck in finding a suitable buyer for the equipment.

Related to Large Lot of Chemistry equipment left by my brother

What types of chemistry equipment are included in the large lot?

The large lot of chemistry equipment includes items such as beakers, flasks, test tubes, pipettes, graduated cylinders, and various types of glassware used in chemical experiments. It also includes items such as Bunsen burners, hot plates, and other heating devices.

Is the chemistry equipment in good condition?

The condition of the chemistry equipment varies. Some items may be in good condition and ready for use, while others may need to be cleaned or repaired before use. It is recommended to thoroughly inspect each item and test them before use.

Can I use this equipment for any type of chemistry experiment?

The equipment in this lot is suitable for a variety of chemistry experiments, including basic experiments in a laboratory setting or more advanced experiments in a research setting. However, it is important to ensure that the equipment is appropriate for the specific experiment you are conducting.

How should I store and maintain the chemistry equipment?

Proper storage and maintenance of the chemistry equipment is crucial for its longevity and safety. It is important to clean and dry the equipment after each use, and store it in a cool and dry place. Make sure to follow any specific instructions or precautions for each type of equipment.

Is it safe to use the chemistry equipment?

The safety of the chemistry equipment depends on its condition and how it is used. It is important to inspect the equipment for any damage or defects before use and to follow proper safety protocols when conducting experiments. If you are unsure about the safety of any equipment, it is best to consult with a trained professional or dispose of it properly.