Annoying Share drop down menu

• Thread starter LCKurtz
  • Start date
In summary, an "Annoying Share drop down menu" is a type of user interface element that appears when clicking on a "share" button on a website or app, displaying options for sharing the content. It is considered annoying because it can interrupt browsing experience and take up screen space, and it may not be possible to disable or remove it. However, it can also be useful for quickly sharing content and increasing its visibility. If you have feedback or suggestions for improvement, you can typically contact the website or app developers through their contact page or social media channels.
LCKurtz
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Is it just me? I'm looking a post and go to roll my mouse over the Quote button and accidentally roll over (not click on) the Share button. The drop down menu appears and covers the Quote button. One time, which I can't duplicate, it wouldn't go away when I clicked elsewhere.

Please, please, make it so that menu only shows on a click, not a roll-over.

Physics news on Phys.org

What is an "Annoying Share drop down menu"?

An "Annoying Share drop down menu" is a type of user interface element that appears when you click on a "share" button on a website or app. It typically displays a list of options for sharing the content, such as through social media or email.

Why is the "Annoying Share drop down menu" considered annoying?

The "Annoying Share drop down menu" can be considered annoying because it often pops up unexpectedly and interrupts the user's browsing experience. It can also take up valuable screen space and may be difficult to close.

Can the "Annoying Share drop down menu" be disabled or removed?

It depends on the website or app. Some may allow you to disable the share button or customize which options appear in the drop down menu. However, others may not have this option and the menu may be a permanent feature.

Are there any benefits to using the "Annoying Share drop down menu"?

The "Annoying Share drop down menu" can be useful for quickly sharing content with others, especially on social media platforms. It can also help increase the visibility and reach of the content being shared.

How can I provide feedback about the "Annoying Share drop down menu"?

If you find the "Annoying Share drop down menu" to be disruptive or have any suggestions for improvement, you can usually provide feedback to the website or app developers through their contact page or social media channels.