Where can I find introductory resources on Model Predictive Control?

In summary, there are several resources available for learning about Model Predictive Control, including the Wikipedia page and books such as Model Predictive Control System Design and Implementation Using MATLAB® by Liuping Wang. These resources provide information on both the theory and practical applications of MPC.
yaswanth_040
Can anyone provide some introductory links of Model Predictive control

Thank You,
Yaswanth

Engineering news on Phys.org
Yes I have gone through.I got a gist of it. Do you have publications which explain with applications clearly

Try Model Predictive Control System Design and Implementation Using MATLAB® by Liuping Wang. I haven't read all of it, but it seems to explain things well. If you've got access to Springer Link, they have a lot of books on MPC.

1. What is Model Predictive Control (MPC)?

Model Predictive Control is a control strategy that uses a mathematical model of a system to make predictions about future behavior and optimize control inputs in real-time. It takes into account constraints and objective functions to determine the best control actions to achieve desired outcomes.

2. How does Model Predictive Control work?

MPC works by continuously updating a model of the system and using it to predict future behavior. It then calculates the control inputs that will lead to the desired outcome while considering constraints such as input limits and system dynamics. This process repeats in a loop, making adjustments as new information becomes available.

3. What are the benefits of using Model Predictive Control?

MPC offers several benefits, including the ability to handle complex systems with multiple inputs and outputs, robustness to changes in system dynamics, and the ability to incorporate constraints and optimize for desired outcomes. It also allows for real-time adjustments and can improve system performance and efficiency.

4. What are the limitations of Model Predictive Control?

MPC requires a detailed and accurate model of the system, which can be challenging to develop and maintain. It also relies on real-time information, so any delays in measurements or calculations can affect its performance. Additionally, MPC can be computationally intensive, making it difficult to implement in certain systems.

5. What are some applications of Model Predictive Control?

MPC has been successfully applied in a variety of industries, including process control, automotive and aerospace control, robotics, and energy management. It is also commonly used in advanced control systems for industrial processes, such as chemical plants and power plants, to improve efficiency and reduce costs.