Are There Examples of New Species with Minimal Changes in Appearance?

• Thread starter Alex_Sanders
  • Start date
In summary, researchers have found evidence of new species being defined by taxonomy through separation from the original species, even if there is little change in appearance. This can be seen in examples such as the mosquito species discovered in 1979 and new virus species, like HIV, emerging. Further research can be done by searching "new species by separation" online.
Alex_Sanders
Is there any new species defined by taxonomy (unable to cross-breed, therefore a new species) that has very little change in appearances comparing to the "original species" it deviate from?

For instance, a mosquito separated from the original horde long enough, or due to genetic mutation, which made them impossible to breed with the original horde, but still looks quite the same to the original ones? I hope you got the over all idea.

Biology news on Phys.org
Here's one... its not that new since it was discovered in 1979...

http://ijs.sgmjournals.org/cgi/reprint/29/2/102.pdf

Just google this "new species by separation" and you'll have a fair gamut of research to do.:smile:

If you count viruses as showing speciation events, then there are many examples of new virus emergence. For example, HIV is a relatively new species of virus.

1. What is an example in scientific research?

An example in scientific research is a specific instance or case that is used to illustrate or demonstrate a scientific concept or theory. Examples are often used to help explain complex ideas and make them more understandable.

2. Why are examples important in scientific research?

Examples are important in scientific research because they provide evidence to support or refute a hypothesis. They also help to clarify and validate scientific theories and can be used to generate new ideas and hypotheses.

3. Where can I find examples for my scientific research?

Examples for scientific research can be found in various sources such as scientific journals, textbooks, online databases, and research articles. It is important to ensure that the examples chosen are credible and relevant to your research topic.

4. How do I use examples in my scientific research?

Examples can be used in different ways in scientific research, depending on the purpose. They can be used to support a hypothesis, provide evidence for a particular concept or theory, or to compare and contrast different phenomena. It is important to properly cite and reference any examples used in your research.

5. Can I use personal experiences as examples in scientific research?

In some cases, personal experiences can be used as examples in scientific research, but it is important to ensure that they are relevant and can be supported by scientific evidence. It is also important to avoid bias and to properly cite and reference any personal experiences used in your research.