I tried posting in the Math/Science Learning Material, but it won't let me, so I as

• Thread starter flyingpig
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Material
In summary, there could be various reasons why you are unable to post in the Math/Science Learning Material, such as technical difficulties, restrictions, or insufficient permissions. It is important to follow the forum's guidelines and rules when posting in this section, and it is recommended that you check with the forum administrator if you are unsure about the format or guidelines. The Math/Science Learning Material is primarily for educational purposes and discussions related to math and science topics, but it is best to confirm with the forum administrator about the specific topics allowed. If you need help with a specific math or science problem, you can post your question in the Math/Science Learning Material and provide as much detail as possible for others to assist you. Lastly, there may be
flyingpig
I tried "posting" in the Math/Science Learning Material, but it won't let me, so I as

Homework Statement

I tried "posting" in the Math/Science Learning Material, but it won't let me, so I ask here.

I am planning to take ODE next year, but I want to get some head start and prepration for it.

My college uses "Fundamentals of Differential Equations" by Nagles, Saff, Snider

ShowCover.asp?isbn=0321748395&type=f.jpg

I can purchase it from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0321747739/?tag=pfamazon01-20

It seems like a fair price (Hopefully). I got myself a solution manual for the 7ed.

Now the problem is, I don't know if the solution manual for the 7ed will be good for the 8ed.

Are there any students who used the book before or college professors who have used it can give me some feedback?

The Attempt at a Solution

I asked on Yahoo (I know, stupid) and got a bunch of troll answers leading me to "google it"

So anyone have any feedback?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to post in the Math/Science Learning Material forum. I understand the importance of preparation and getting a head start on difficult subjects like ODE. It is great that you are taking the initiative to prepare for this course.

In terms of the textbook you mentioned, "Fundamentals of Differential Equations" by Nagles, Saff, and Snider, it is a well-known and widely used textbook in the field of ODE. As for the solution manual, it is always best to use the one that matches the edition of the textbook you are using. While there may be some similarities between the 7th and 8th editions, there may also be important differences that could affect your understanding of the material.

I would recommend reaching out to your college's math or science department to see if they have any recommendations on which edition to use and if they have any resources available for purchase. You can also try reaching out to the authors themselves or contacting the publisher for more information.

I hope this helps and good luck with your ODE studies!

1. Why won't the Math/Science Learning Material let me post?

There could be several reasons why you are unable to post in the Math/Science Learning Material. It is possible that the forum is experiencing technical difficulties, or that there is a restriction on who can post in that particular forum. It is also possible that your account does not have the necessary permissions to post in that forum. If you continue to experience issues, please contact the forum administrator for further assistance.

2. Is there a specific format or guideline for posting in the Math/Science Learning Material?

Yes, there may be specific guidelines or formats for posting in the Math/Science Learning Material. It is recommended that you check the forum's rules or guidelines before attempting to post. If you are still having trouble, you can reach out to the forum administrator for clarification.

3. Can I post about any math or science topic in the Math/Science Learning Material?

Generally, the Math/Science Learning Material is intended for educational purposes and discussions related to math and science topics. However, it is best to check the forum's specific guidelines or ask the forum administrator for clarification on what types of topics are allowed to be posted.

4. How can I get help with a specific math or science problem in the Math/Science Learning Material?

If you need help with a specific math or science problem, you can post your question in the Math/Science Learning Material and other users or experts may be able to assist you. It is important to provide as much detail and context as possible when asking for help, so that others can better understand and assist with your problem.

5. Is there a limit to how many times I can post in the Math/Science Learning Material?

There may be a limit to the number of posts you can make in the Math/Science Learning Material, depending on the forum's rules and guidelines. It is recommended that you check the forum's rules or ask the forum administrator for more information on posting limits.