How many PF emails do you have in your inbox?

• Thread starter _Mayday_
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about email notifications and subscriptions on an online forum. The person has just deleted 300 emails and wonders if they are addicted to the forum. They use email notifications to keep track of responses and have had issues with receiving too many emails in the past. They mention changing their notification settings and also discuss getting rid of certain subscriptions. The conversation ends with one person thanking the other for helping them opt-out of perpetual subscriptions and mentioning the complexity of forums nowadays.
_Mayday_
I've just deleted about 300 :blushing:

Am I addicted to this place? I use the email sedning as a way of knowing when people have responded, it pops up on my screen.

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't have any because I don't subscribe to threads.

Is there a way of just not subscribing to them? I kinda like them.

Evo said:
I don't have any because I don't subscribe to threads.

So that's why you didn't pick up the Ten Million prize money?? :cry:

I subscribe but don't get e-mail notification. You can change the options in the user CP > Edit options.

I used to get an email every day when I made every day my birthday. Then I got a warning to stop, and the emails never came anymore. I was heart broken.

Yeah, I got rid of that cause it was buggin the hell outta me.

I used to subscribe to the Food thread and How Does Your Garden Grow, but since I visit about every day and hit "New Posts" that is not necessary. No PF notifications in the Inbox.

Kurdt said:
I subscribe but don't get e-mail notification. You can change the options in the user CP > Edit options.

Thank you. I was wondering how to opt-out of the perpetual subscribes.

Forums are a lot more complicated these days.

hmmm... I have a new topic idea...

_Mayday_ said:
I've just deleted about 300 :blushing:

Am I addicted to this place? I use the email sedning as a way of knowing when people have responded, it pops up on my screen.

When I first started at PF I was taking an extended vacation, so I dug in and carried about ten involved debates at a time. One DAY I received over 200 emails.

1. How do you keep track of the number of PF emails in your inbox?

I use email management tools and filters to keep track of the number of PF emails in my inbox. These tools help me organize and categorize my emails, making it easier to keep track of specific types of emails.

2. What is the average number of PF emails you receive per day?

The average number of PF emails I receive per day varies depending on the day and my current workload. On average, I receive around 20-30 PF emails per day.

3. How do you handle a large number of PF emails in your inbox?

To handle a large number of PF emails in my inbox, I prioritize and respond to the most important ones first. I also use email management tools to help me organize and categorize my emails, making it easier to process a larger volume of emails.

4. Do you ever delete old PF emails from your inbox?

Yes, I regularly delete old PF emails from my inbox to keep it organized and to make sure I am only keeping important and relevant emails. I also archive important emails that I may need to refer to in the future.

5. How do you prevent PF emails from cluttering your inbox?

I use email filters and unsubscribe from unwanted email lists to prevent PF emails from cluttering my inbox. I also regularly clean out my inbox and delete or archive unnecessary emails.