Has anyone seen a Penryn SpecInt benchmark above 4000?

• Thread starter mheslep
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about trying to find a benchmark for Intel's upcoming Penryn CPU family release, specifically for a dual core version that can achieve a SpecInt2000 of 4000. The individual has searched for benchmark results on sites like Extremeoverclocking.com and extremesystems.com, but has not found any reliable information. They have come across results for the Intel T9500 running at 2.6GHz, which has a SpecInt 2006 Base score of 18.1 to 18.6. However, they are unsure of how to convert this to a SpecInt2000 score.
mheslep
Gold Member
I am trying to run down a claim on Intel's upcoming CPU family release - Penryn. The claim: a dual core version at one of the available clock rates in that line will do a SpecInt2000 of 4000. Intel's tech documents just list a % improvement on prior models, AFAICT. I'm looking for an actual benchmark, and I read they are plenty of beta/ developer chips already out there. Has anyone seen something, or perhaps care to point to a reliable site to check?

Thanks for any help.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Are you talking about an overclocked PC? .. check Extremeoverclocking.com or extremesystems.com.

I'm a member @ Extremeoverclocking.

No.

I have found results publish on the SPEC site for the Intel T9500, a Penryn running 2.6GHz here:
http://www.spec.org/cgi-bin/osgresults
search for T9500. The Lenova T61 and Dell Precision M6300 report SpecInt 2006 Base 18.1 to 18.6. Is not clear to me how to convert this to a rough SpecInt2000. Searching for a few processors that have published results for both 2000 and 2006 tests suggest a multiplier of ~145 but I can't otherwise check that.

What is the Penryn SpecInt Benchmark?

The Penryn SpecInt Benchmark is a performance metric used to measure the processing speed of a computer's central processing unit (CPU). It specifically measures the speed at which a CPU can handle integer calculations, which are commonly used in computer programs.

How is the Penryn SpecInt Benchmark calculated?

The Penryn SpecInt Benchmark is calculated by running a series of standardized tests on a computer's CPU and comparing the results to a baseline score. The tests involve a variety of integer-based tasks, such as encryption and data compression, and the results are combined to give an overall score. A higher score indicates a faster CPU.

Why is the Penryn SpecInt Benchmark important?

The Penryn SpecInt Benchmark is important because it allows for a standardized comparison of CPU performance across different computer systems. This is especially useful for scientists and researchers who rely on high-performance computing for their work, as it helps them determine which computer system will best suit their needs.

How does the Penryn SpecInt Benchmark differ from other benchmarks?

The Penryn SpecInt Benchmark specifically measures the performance of a CPU in integer-based tasks, while other benchmarks may focus on different aspects such as graphics or floating-point calculations. Additionally, the Penryn SpecInt Benchmark uses a specific set of tests and scoring system, making it easier to compare results between different systems.

How often are Penryn SpecInt Benchmark scores updated?

The Penryn SpecInt Benchmark scores are typically updated every few years as new computer systems and CPUs are released. This allows for a more accurate comparison between the latest technology and older systems. However, individual scores may also be updated more frequently as new optimizations or improvements are made to the benchmark tests.