Kids Movies: Ice Age, Shrek & Stitch!

• Thread starter Drimar
  • Start date
In summary, the main themes in "Ice Age", "Shrek", and "Stitch" include friendship, acceptance, and family. These movies also contain some scientific inaccuracies, but they can still have a positive impact on children's understanding of science. Children can learn important lessons about friendship, acceptance, diversity, and the power of family from these movies, and they also promote positive messages about teamwork, perseverance, and overcoming obstacles. While these movies are generally appropriate for all ages, parents should use their own discretion when deciding if their child is ready to watch them.
Drimar
I like those like iceage, shreks, stitch...by animate computer graphics

I don't like those with "real" little humans (8-15 year old Kids with adventures :sick:). Please stop producing them!

By the way, I just watched Ice Age2. Great movie!
I like eddie and crash, look at how they walk (like chinese women 100 years ago-qing dyn), and hear their voices, so much fun.

I know you.can.go.watch.it :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
I can't wait to see ice age 2, I'm going as soon as finals are over.

I can appreciate the use of computer graphics in animated movies like Ice Age, Shrek, and Stitch. These films showcase the advancements in technology and animation techniques that continue to push the boundaries of storytelling and visual effects. However, I also understand the concern about the overproduction of movies featuring young human characters going on adventures. While these movies can be entertaining, they may not always provide a realistic representation of children and their experiences. It's important for filmmakers to consider diverse and meaningful storytelling in their work, rather than relying on repetitive and formulaic plots. That being said, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed Ice Age 2 and found the characters of Eddie and Crash to be entertaining. I encourage you to continue exploring different types of movies and storytelling styles to broaden your perspectives and appreciation for the film industry.

1. What are the main themes in "Ice Age", "Shrek", and "Stitch"?

The main themes in these three kids movies include friendship, acceptance, and family. In "Ice Age", the main characters form an unlikely family as they journey together. In "Shrek", the theme of acceptance is prevalent as the characters learn to accept each other's differences. And in "Stitch", the theme of family is explored as Stitch goes on a journey to find his true family.

2. Are there any scientific inaccuracies in these movies?

As these are animated films, some scientific inaccuracies are to be expected. For example, in "Ice Age", the animals are shown living in a time period that is not historically accurate. Also, in "Stitch", the idea of an alien creature coming to Earth may not be scientifically possible. However, these movies are meant to entertain and not necessarily be scientifically accurate.

3. How do these movies impact children's understanding of science?

While these movies may not be scientifically accurate, they can still have a positive impact on children's understanding of science. The movies introduce children to concepts such as evolution, genetics, and space travel in a fun and accessible way. They can also spark an interest in science and inspire children to learn more about these topics.

4. What lessons can children learn from these movies?

These movies teach children important lessons such as the value of friendship, the importance of acceptance and diversity, and the power of family. They also promote positive messages about teamwork, perseverance, and overcoming obstacles. Additionally, they can teach children about different cultures and the impact of human actions on the environment.

5. Are these movies appropriate for all ages?

While these movies are generally considered appropriate for all ages, parents should use their own discretion when deciding if their child is ready to watch them. Some scenes may be frightening or intense for younger children. However, these movies also contain valuable lessons and positive messages that can be enjoyed by all ages.