Who is the newest mentor joining PF's Astro/Cosmo forums?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, another PF legend, Janus, has retired after 10 years of service. His contributions helped shape PF and he will be greatly missed. To fill the void, cepheid has joined the PF staff as a mentor for the Astro/Cosmo forums. Congratulations to cepheid and thank you again to Janus for all his hard work. Some mentors may not use towels, so be prepared when mopping around the hot tub. And lastly, a special thanks to all the mentors for their dedication to making PF a terrific website.
Another PF legend has decided to retire after 10 glorious years. That is absolutely amazing folks! Janus was one of the important members we were fortunate to acquire that helped shape PF from the start and help bat away the armies of crazies! We all own him a standing ovation and certainly I personally owe him a great deal! Thanks Janus!

To help fill the hole of Janus leaving we are happy to announce that cepheid is joining the PF staff as mentor of Astro/Cosmo forums. cepheid has been a leader in there for over 8 years! Welcome cepheid, can't wait for you to start!

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you Janus for helping making PF the best.

Congratulations cepheid.

Thank you Janus! And cepheid, I can use your help mopping around the hot tub. Oh and be aware, some of the mentors don't use towels :eek:.

I've never known PF without Janus. I hope you'll still be around.

Welcome aboard cepheid!

Welcome cepheid, I'm sure you'll do an awesome job!

I haven't bumped into Janus all that much but I'd like to express my appreciation to Janus and all the mentors here for helping to make such a terrific web site. I have no doubt that Janus has contributed tremendously to this site and I'm sure cepheid will also. My thanks to the crew here, your work certainly doesn't go without notice.

Thanks Janus!

I thank Janus for clear explanations and great animations. You will be sorely missed.

Thanks for everything Janus :smile:

Cepheid good luck cleaning out the hotub, I don't know what micro did in there but...let's just say its a mess.

Ryan_m_b said:
Cepheid good luck cleaning out the hotub, I don't know what micro did in there but...let's just say its a mess.

I think MM had a wild party last weekend

Greg Bernhardt said:
I think MM had a wild party last weekend

No...that was just Micro being himself...

Drakkith said:
No...that was just Micro being himself...
:rofl: too true :tongue2:

1. What is the purpose of a PF Farewell and Promotion?

The purpose of a PF Farewell and Promotion is to recognize and celebrate the achievements of an individual who is leaving the organization and to promote other individuals within the organization to fill the vacant position.

2. How is a PF Farewell and Promotion typically organized?

A PF Farewell and Promotion is typically organized by a committee or a group of individuals within the organization. They plan the event, coordinate with the individuals being recognized, and invite attendees.

3. Who is usually invited to a PF Farewell and Promotion?

The individuals being recognized, their colleagues, and other members of the organization are typically invited to a PF Farewell and Promotion. Sometimes, external stakeholders, such as clients or partners, may also be invited.

4. What are the common elements of a PF Farewell and Promotion?

Common elements of a PF Farewell and Promotion include speeches or presentations honoring the departing individual, a formal announcement of their departure and the promotion of their replacement, and a reception or dinner to celebrate the occasion.

5. How do PF Farewell and Promotions benefit an organization?

PF Farewell and Promotions can benefit an organization by boosting employee morale and motivation, recognizing and appreciating the contributions of individuals, and promoting a positive company culture. They can also help with succession planning and maintaining relationships with departing employees.