Can anyone PLEASE tell me how a current balance works?

In summary, the conversation revolves around understanding the concept of current balance and how it is used to measure magnetic flux density. The person is struggling to understand the concept and asks for help in predicting the movement of the wire frame in different scenarios. They also discuss using the left hand rule to determine the direction of the magnetic field and how to use the force equation to calculate the strength of the magnetic field. The expert provides clarification and reassurance, and the conversation ends with the person feeling more confident in their understanding of the concept.
the mass is 0.02g

Physics news on Phys.org
Haha, I took the 0.02 g correctly, I just didn't convert it correctly. Used x10-2, must've pressed the wrong button. Got the correct answer!

But does this mean that I'm supposed to use the length of the wire that only passes through the magnet? [because only that can obviously be 5 cm]

yes, this force is produce only when the current is under the influence of a magnetic field, so outside the magnetic field there isn't this type of force (sorry for not clarifying this earlier)

Right, right, and right. Thank you SO much for your help. Life saver!
Good day. :)

no worries :)