Troubleshooting tag.contextweb.com Issues

• Thread starter Borek
  • Start date
In summary, there were issues with Marzena's computer due to Opera hanging while trying to contact tag.contextweb.com. Clearing the cache and cookies did not help. It is possible that the problem is limited to her computer, but further troubleshooting did not resolve it. Suggestions for a solution include using the "ScriptSafe" add-on for Chrome or reinstalling Java after a Windows 7 update.
Borek
Mentor
I just had to switch JavaScript on Marzena's computer off, as her Opera was hanging on trying to contact tag.contextweb.com. Emptying cache, removing cookies didn't help. Anyone else noticing problems?

Physics news on Phys.org
It persist for several days now, it is just that I didn't know about it earlier (let's call it a miscommunication :wink:).

It could be it is limited to her computer, but I checked everything I could think of - to no avail.

Ideas (about what the problem can be) welcomed.

Borek said:
It persist for several days now, it is just that I didn't know about it earlier (let's call it a miscommunication :wink:).

It could be it is limited to her computer, but I checked everything I could think of - to no avail.

This is probably not the solution you're looking for, but there's an add-on for chrome called "ScriptSafe", in which you can block unwanted resources, such as contextweb, googleanalytics, etc. You should give it a go.

Borek said:

There was a Windows 7 update a while back that caused me some Java problems. I reinstalled Java and all is well.

Related to Troubleshooting tag.contextweb.com Issues

1. What is Tag.contextweb.com?

Tag.contextweb.com is a domain used by ContextWeb, a company that provides digital advertising solutions. This domain is used for tracking and targeting advertisements to specific audiences.

2. Why am I seeing Tag.contextweb.com problems on my website?

If you are seeing Tag.contextweb.com problems on your website, it is likely because you have implemented ContextWeb's advertising solutions on your site. These problems could be related to loading issues, tracking errors, or other technical difficulties.

3. How can I fix Tag.contextweb.com problems on my website?

If you are experiencing problems with Tag.contextweb.com on your website, it is best to contact ContextWeb's support team for assistance. They will be able to troubleshoot the issue and provide a solution specific to your website and implementation.

4. Can Tag.contextweb.com problems affect my website's performance?

If there are issues with Tag.contextweb.com on your website, it could potentially affect your website's performance. This can happen if the tags are not properly implemented or if there are errors in the tracking or targeting process. It is important to address these problems promptly to ensure optimal performance.

5. Are there any privacy concerns with Tag.contextweb.com?

As with any advertising solution, there may be privacy concerns with Tag.contextweb.com. ContextWeb has a privacy policy in place that outlines how they collect and use data for advertising purposes. It is important to review this policy and ensure compliance with any applicable privacy laws.