Where Can I Find Serious Resources on Building a Neutron Producing Fusor Device?

• Thread starter terryphi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Resources
In summary, Serious Fusor Resources is a website that provides information and resources for individuals interested in building and operating a fusor, a type of nuclear fusion reactor. It is beneficial for students, hobbyists, and professionals in the field of nuclear science. The website offers various resources such as articles, videos, forums, and DIY tutorials, covering topics such as the science behind fusion and safety precautions. It is considered a reliable source of information, as it is run by a team of experienced scientists and engineers who have firsthand knowledge of fusor building and operation. All resources on the website are free to access and use, but there may be additional costs associated with building and operating a fusor.
terryphi
Hello,

I'm finishing my degree in nuclear engineering and I'm talking to one of my profs about building a neutron producing fusor device as my thesis project. Can anyone please recommend me some good, serious resources on how to actually build these things and how they work.

Engineering news on Phys.org
i guess you've been to fusor dot net ? experimenter site, has interesting links.

Hi there,

Congratulations on finishing your degree in nuclear engineering! Building a neutron producing fusor device sounds like an interesting and challenging thesis project.

As for resources, I would recommend starting with some basic research on the principles of nuclear fusion and how fusor devices work. Some good sources for this information include textbooks on nuclear engineering or physics, as well as online articles and videos from reputable sources.

In terms of actually building the device, it would be helpful to consult with experts in the field or reach out to other students who have worked on similar projects. You can also check out online forums and discussion groups specifically for nuclear engineering or fusor enthusiasts.

Additionally, make sure to thoroughly research safety protocols and regulations for handling nuclear materials before starting your project. Safety should always be a top priority in any nuclear engineering endeavor.

Best of luck with your project!

What is Serious Fusor Resources?

Serious Fusor Resources is a website dedicated to providing information and resources for those interested in building and operating a fusor, a type of nuclear fusion reactor.

Who can benefit from Serious Fusor Resources?

Serious Fusor Resources can benefit anyone who is interested in learning more about fusors, whether they are students, hobbyists, or professionals in the field of nuclear science.

What kind of information can be found on Serious Fusor Resources?

The website offers a variety of resources such as articles, videos, forums, and DIY tutorials for building and operating a fusor. It also includes information on the science behind fusion and safety precautions.

Is Serious Fusor Resources a reliable source of information?

Yes, the website is run by a team of experienced scientists and engineers who have firsthand knowledge of building and operating a fusor. The information provided is thoroughly researched and reviewed by experts in the field.

Are there any costs associated with using Serious Fusor Resources?

No, all the resources and information on Serious Fusor Resources are completely free to access and use. However, there may be costs associated with building and operating a fusor, which are not covered by the website.