Resources to find Data/Models for Nonradial Pulsations of Va

In summary: Mira is a well-known example of this type of variable star. There are resources available on the solar satellite website and Phys.org that may provide data or models for creating an animated visualization of a star with non radial stellar pulsations. Additionally, using a commercial software package like Blender may be helpful in incorporating particles and dynamics in the animation.
Samantha Martin
Hello! I'm currently working on a project in which I need to make an animated visualization demonstrating the physical changes and luminosity changes of a star with non radial stellar pulsations. This visualization has to be based on real or theoretical data or a real or theoretical model but I don't know where to start looking for this data that I can use as a basis for my visualization. Does anyone know any good resources for this that they can suggest?

Thanks,
Sam

Astronomy news on Phys.org
You might try the solar satellite web site. Are you writing the imaging software or using a commercial package?

Sanborn Chase said:
You might try the solar satellite web site. Are you writing the imaging software or using a commercial package?
Thanks. I'll look into that. I'm using a commercial package: Blender

Try this: https://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/
I'm not familiar with Blender, but I'm pretty sure you're going to need particles and dynamics capabilities in your software if you're doing anything in 3-D.
There was also an interesting article on super flares on a nearby type M on Phys.org.

Sanborn Chase said:
Thanks. I think I really only need it to become brighter and dimmer and to simultaneously expand and contract.

What about Mira? (Omicron Ceti) Mira is the first Cephid variable discovered, and may be what you are expected to model.

eachus said:
What about Mira?
Samantha Martin said:
non radial stellar pulsations

1. Where can I find data and models for nonradial pulsations of variable stars?

There are several resources where you can find data and models for nonradial pulsations of variable stars. Some popular ones include the International Variable Star Index (VSX), the General Catalogue of Variable Stars (GCVS), and the OGLE-III Catalog of Variable Stars. Additionally, many research papers and publications also provide data and models for nonradial pulsations of variable stars.

2. Are there any online databases specifically dedicated to nonradial pulsations of variable stars?

Yes, there are several online databases that are specifically dedicated to nonradial pulsations of variable stars. Some examples include the Kepler Asteroseismic Science Operations Center (KASOC) and the MAST (Mikulski Archive for Space Telescopes) database. These databases provide a wealth of data and models for nonradial pulsations of variable stars.

3. Can I access observational data on nonradial pulsations of variable stars?

Yes, there are various resources where you can access observational data on nonradial pulsations of variable stars. Some of the popular ones include the AAVSO International Database, the SIMBAD Astronomical Database, and the VizieR Catalogue Service. These databases contain a large amount of observational data on nonradial pulsations of variable stars that can be downloaded for further analysis.

4. How can I find models for nonradial pulsations of specific variable stars?

If you are looking for models for nonradial pulsations of a specific variable star, it is best to start by searching through the databases mentioned above. You can also try searching through research papers and publications that focus on the specific variable star of interest. Additionally, some websites and forums dedicated to variable stars may also have resources and discussions on models for nonradial pulsations.

5. Are there any software tools available for analyzing data and models of nonradial pulsations of variable stars?

Yes, there are several software tools available for analyzing data and models of nonradial pulsations of variable stars. Some popular ones include PERIOD04, PHOEBE, and MiraPro. These tools offer a range of features for analyzing and interpreting data and models of nonradial pulsations, and many of them are free and open-source.