(mechanical engeneering vs computer engeneering)

In summary, the speaker is a first year college student who has been tasked with researching the topic of computers and technology. They have chosen to compare the fields of computer engineering and mechanical engineering, as they have always been interested in technology and had dreams of becoming a computer engineer. However, certain circumstances led them to choose a different field and they now question if they made the right decision. They are seeking help from others to complete their research and determine if mechanical engineering still has a place in today's world of technology. The conversation also includes a playful analogy about the importance of both a ship and its crew in sailing, and the speaker mentions that even the devices used in computer engineering have a connection to mechanical engineering.
shobat
hi my name is ehab I am a first year collage student in damascuse university our computer
programming professer ask us to do a research obout computers and technology so I choose a research that is considaring me from a long long time (who is better scientifically and is that really true that the time of our old mechanical engneering has gone and every new research will be about computers and communication technology).
my child dream was being a computer engeneer so that i can touch with all new technology that i love very much but some certain issues make me to choose a lower section(i don't think its lower I am saying what the pepole think in my country) so i was thinking and asking my self always did i choose the right section or i lost my only chance to make an invetion or a new research of my own.
anyway I dare some of my friends in computer engeering that our engenners are smareter and can do a better and even more modern search than them now i need everyones help to finish this vs between computer engeneering and our old fashion mechanical engeneering and have an answer of my question are the new research in mechanical engneering have really end?? i need every comment possible to complete my research! thanks for every one.

Engineering news on Phys.org
...well looks like u r asking...u want to sail...and u do not know weather ship is important or the crew :P

by the way...even the device u use to program is manufactured...in one way or other with use of Mech Engg ...they call it Ever Green Branch :)

Related to (mechanical engeneering vs computer engeneering)

What is the difference between mechanical engineering and computer engineering?

Mechanical engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the design, development, and maintenance of mechanical systems. Computer engineering, on the other hand, focuses on the design, development, and maintenance of computer hardware and software systems.

Which field has better job prospects, mechanical engineering or computer engineering?

Both mechanical engineering and computer engineering have good job prospects. However, the demand for computer engineers is growing at a faster rate due to advancements in technology and the rise of the internet of things (IoT).

What kind of skills are required for a career in mechanical engineering?

Some key skills for mechanical engineering include strong analytical and problem-solving skills, proficiency in mathematical and scientific principles, creativity, and attention to detail. Good communication and teamwork skills are also important for collaborating with other engineers and professionals on projects.

What kind of skills are required for a career in computer engineering?

Some key skills for computer engineering include strong programming skills, knowledge of computer hardware and software systems, problem-solving abilities, creativity, and attention to detail. Good communication and teamwork skills are also important for collaborating with other engineers and professionals on projects.

Can a mechanical engineer work as a computer engineer and vice versa?

While there may be some overlap in skills and knowledge, it is not common for a mechanical engineer to work as a computer engineer and vice versa. However, with additional training and experience, it is possible for an engineer to transition to a different field within engineering.