How Does Photon Entanglement Influence Light Reflection on Curved Surfaces?

• Thread starter madhatter106
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Surface
In summary, the conversation is about the concept of ray tracing and how it relates to curved surfaces and their representation as a mesh of flat surfaces. The discussion then delves into the difference between the mathematical calculations and the real-world application of these surfaces, specifically in terms of photon entanglement and how it affects the reflection of light. The possibility of overall geometry and space-time playing a role in determining the path of a photon is also considered. The comparison is made to a body of water and how objects in the water affect the propagation of waves, similar to how the overall geometry may affect the path of a photon. The question remains whether it is the overall geometry or individual photon entanglements that play a role in determining the path of light
madhatter106
thinking about ray tracing from another thread and musing a bit on it I wondered something.

In all cases that I've ever computed curved surfaces the surface is computed as n-number of sections. so in reality it a 'mesh' of flat surfaces. this helps keep it simple from what I can figure and also also helps for resolution scales.

I wondered though, what is the actual measured difference between the math and real world?

This may fall into optics, but I wonder from a quantum scale. is it the photon entanglement that has the light wave reflect off the surface based on the surface geometry? there has to be some kind of information between the photons to have the overall light wave reflect off a surface that is larger than particle, otherwise wouldn't it diffuse no matter the geometry?

Is it possible that overall geometry of anything, the arrangement of the atoms if you will is interconnected in such a way that space time sets the path for the photon? that the particle has no other possible path because of that arrangement? seems like that would violate some laws though.

wait.. would it be more accurate to say that all particles but the photon follow that function? hence the 'hidden variable'?

in order to imagine the above so I could best post it I likened the 'space time' to a body of water and objects in the water displace the water in such a way that the water molecules that make up the waves propagating in the water are connected to the overall geometry. then imagine that the water is something we can not measure and only can measure the individual molecules. - hope that makes some sense.

Physics news on Phys.org
I guess the main idea would be that - is the overall geometry interconnected in such a way that space time sets the path for the photon/light, or is it the individual photon entanglements?

FAQ: How Does Photon Entanglement Influence Light Reflection on Curved Surfaces?

1. What is a curved reflective surface?

A curved reflective surface is a surface that is shaped in a way that it can reflect light, sound, or other forms of energy in a specific direction. This type of surface is often used in mirrors, lenses, and other optical devices.

2. How does a curved reflective surface work?

A curved reflective surface works by reflecting light or other forms of energy at different angles depending on the curvature of the surface. The shape of the surface determines the direction and focus of the reflected energy.

3. What are the different types of curved reflective surfaces?

There are several different types of curved reflective surfaces, including concave, convex, and parabolic. Concave surfaces curve inward and reflect light inward, while convex surfaces curve outward and reflect light outward. Parabolic surfaces are curved in a specific way to focus light or sound waves at a single point.

4. What are some applications of curved reflective surfaces?

Curved reflective surfaces have a wide range of applications, including in telescopes, microscopes, cameras, solar panels, and even everyday objects like car headlights and glasses. They are also commonly used in architecture for aesthetic purposes and to create optical illusions.

5. How are curved reflective surfaces made?

Curved reflective surfaces can be made through various methods, such as grinding and polishing glass or metal, molding and casting plastic, or using photolithography techniques. The choice of method depends on the type of surface and its intended application.

Back