Design No Look Window Circuit: Oscillate 0-10V 400ms, Output High 100ms

In summary, the conversation discusses designing a circuit that detects the first low of a pulse and outputs a high for 100ms while ignoring subsequent pulses for the next 300ms. The proposed solution involves using two 555 timers, with timer "A" set to output a pulse for 100ms and timer "B" for 400ms, with the output of "A" triggering "B" and the final output being NAND with the original pulse signal. The conversation also mentions using a HC4060 oscillator+timer IC with a 32kHz watch crystal, but the speaker prefers to use only one IC.
david90
I have a signal and it oscillate bewteen 0 and 10V for 400ms when triggered. What is the easiest way to design a circuit that look for the first low of the pulse and output a high for 100ms while ignoring the pulses in the last 300ms?

I prefer not to use uC.

Thanks,

David.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Have your signal trigger a counter that counts for 100ms with logic that puts out a high for that 100ms, and more logic that watches the counter for another 300ms+, and then halts/resets the counter and re-enables the counter's trigger. Would something like that work? You can use something like the HC4060 oscillator+timer IC, and use a 32kHz watch crystal at the oscillator stage.

I'm going to try using two 555 timers and both will be in one shot mode. The timer "A" will be set to output a 100ms when triggered and timer "B" to 400ms when triggered. The output of "A" will be inputted into "B" trigger pin. Finally output of "B" will be NAND with the 400ms pulse signal.

I think this will work but is there a simpler way? I'm using two ICs bu prefer to just use one.

Last edited:

1. How do I design a no look window circuit with an oscillation of 0-10V and an output high of 100ms?

To design this circuit, you will need to use a voltage-controlled oscillator (VCO) to generate the oscillation of 0-10V. The VCO will need to be controlled by a timer or counter circuit to ensure the oscillation is within the desired range. Then, you will need to use a pulse generator circuit to create the 100ms output high signal. These circuits can be designed using various electronic components such as resistors, capacitors, and transistors. It is important to carefully calculate and test the circuit to ensure it meets the desired specifications.

2. What is the purpose of using a no look window circuit?

A no look window circuit is commonly used in electronic devices to provide a precise and stable oscillation signal. This type of circuit is often used in applications where timing is critical, such as in communication systems and data transmission. The 0-10V oscillation and 100ms output high signal are commonly used in digital signal processing and control systems.

3. What is the significance of the 400ms oscillation in the design of this circuit?

The 400ms oscillation is an important parameter in the design of this circuit as it determines the frequency of the output signal. A longer oscillation period will result in a lower frequency output, while a shorter oscillation period will result in a higher frequency output. Therefore, it is essential to carefully choose the 400ms oscillation to meet the specific requirements of the application.

4. Can this circuit be modified to have a different output signal?

Yes, this circuit can be modified to have a different output signal by adjusting the values of the electronic components used. For example, the output high signal can be changed to a longer or shorter duration by altering the values of the resistors and capacitors in the pulse generator circuit. Additionally, the 0-10V oscillation can also be modified by changing the components in the VCO circuit.

5. What are the potential challenges in designing a no look window circuit?

One of the main challenges in designing a no look window circuit is ensuring the stability and accuracy of the output signal. This requires careful selection and calculation of the electronic components used, as well as thorough testing and troubleshooting of the circuit. Additionally, external factors such as temperature and voltage fluctuations can also affect the performance of the circuit, so it is important to consider these factors during the design process.