How Do You Tackle Complex Vector Math Problems?

• Thread starter asd1249jf
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a math problem and how to solve it using geometry and vector methods. Some individuals find the problem difficult and dizzying, while others find it easy and straightforward. The key to solving the problem is understanding the rules of angles and shapes and organizing the information properly.
asd1249jf
http://www.cynical-c.com/archives/bloggraphics/_42842559_maths_diagram_416.gif

Looking at the figure makes me dizzy..

How on Earth do you do this problem??

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
It's all about calcuating hypoteneese.

i've seen it but never bothered to give it a try, computation isn't my thing

God I'm having trouble just keeping track of everything

piece of cake

The answer is clearly c).

No, it's "none of the above".

l46kok said:
God I'm having trouble just keeping track of everything
That means you need to brush up on organizing information!

I'm confused, the first thing it says is that ABCD is a square prism...it sure as heck doesn't look like one to me... as for the other stuff, it's just simple geometric calculations isn't it? I think all you need to know are the rules governing angles and shapes.

That's correct, but until you actual start working on the problem, it's rather tedious.

The problem can be solved by taking it as a vector problem. Assign a vector for every two coordinates of relevance and try to derive the results.

1. What is the problem you are referring to?

The problem being referred to is a common scientific phenomenon that causes surprise or confusion, often due to unexpected results or observations.

2. How is this problem related to science?

This problem is related to science because it involves the study and understanding of natural phenomena and their underlying principles.

3. Can you provide an example of this problem?

One example of this problem could be the discovery of a new species that does not fit into any existing classification system.

4. What are some possible reasons for this problem?

There are many potential reasons for this problem, including limitations in current scientific knowledge, errors in methodology or data collection, or the possibility of entirely new and unexplored phenomena.

5. How do scientists typically approach this problem?

Scientists approach this problem by conducting further research, analyzing data, and collaborating with other experts to gain a better understanding of the phenomenon and its underlying causes.