How do you project a Killing Vector onto a Schwarzschild field?

bobrubino
TL;DR Summary
What is the math for projecting a Killing vector onto a Schwarzschild field of spacetime?
What is the math for projecting a Killing vector onto a Schwarzschild field of spacetime? How would you do it?

Physics news on Phys.org
What is a Schwarzschild field? Is this meant to be "B" level?

bobrubino said:
What is the math for projecting a Killing vector onto a Schwarzschild field of spacetime?
The question doesn't make sense. Can you give a reference that explains what you are trying to do?

PeterDonis said:
The question doesn't make sense. Can you give a reference that explains what you are trying to do?
I am trying to project a black and white hole onto a field of Schwarzschild spacetime and I don't know what to do. Do you have any advice?

bobrubino said:
I am trying to project a black and white hole onto a field of Schwarzschild spacetime and I don't know what to do. Do you have any advice?
Your question still doesn't make sense. Again, where are you getting this from? What makes you think this is even a meaningful thing to do? Why do you want to do it? A reference would be helpful.

Likes robphy
bobrubino said:
I am trying to project a black and white hole onto a field of Schwarzschild spacetime and I don't know what to do.
Schwarzschild spacetime is a black hole and a white hole. Your question makes no sense.

Are you trying to find the spacetime for a binary blackhole? You can't do it by adding together two copies of the solutions for one black hole.

Likes Dale
bobrubino said:
I am trying to project a black and white hole onto a field of Schwarzschild spacetime
The maximally extended Schwarzschild is both a black hole and a white hole. If you are just trying to visualize that, my preference is Kruskal coordinates

468px-Kruskal_diagram_of_Schwarzschild_chart.svg.png