Little Nellie Newtons Force Problems

In summary, the conversation is about a person needing help with solving Nellie Newton problems involving forces. They have provided their answers for the first 6 problems but are unsure about the last one. They are looking for an explanation or hint to help them solve the problem correctly. The conversation ends with a suggestion to draw a diagram to show the forces acting on Nellie.
jawo3
Hi,
I have to do the Nellie Newton Problems on this Page here:
Link!

We just started with Forces and I tried to solve the problems but I´m not completely sure if my answers are correct. If there are mistakes it would be nice if you could tell me why and what I did wrong.

Here are my answers:

1. 300N
2. 300N each
3. 150N each
4. 100N each
5. 150N
6. 100N

Thank you,
jawo3

Physics news on Phys.org
Looks like you did very well...until you got to the last one. What's your reasoning behind your answer to #6?

I agree with all except #6/F.

Perhaps if you explain your reasoning for that last one, I could give a hint that would help you out.

edit: PhanthomJay beat me to it.

Does 75N sound better?

If it's correct, I think I know what I did wrong. If I'm right I just have to divide the force twice by two instead of deviding it by three.

Otherwise please explain me how I can solve these kind of problems because our teacher did not.

Nope, not 75N.

Try drawing a diagram showing the forces acting on Nellie.

Related to Little Nellie Newtons Force Problems

1. What is "Little Nellie Newton's Force Problems"?

"Little Nellie Newton's Force Problems" is a problem-solving book designed to help children understand the concept of force and its application in real-life scenarios. It uses relatable stories and fun activities to engage young readers and make learning about physics enjoyable.

2. Who is the target audience for this book?

The target audience for "Little Nellie Newton's Force Problems" is children between the ages of 8-12 years old. However, the book can also be beneficial for anyone interested in learning about the fundamentals of force and how it affects our daily lives.

3. What makes this book unique compared to other educational resources?

What sets "Little Nellie Newton's Force Problems" apart is its interactive approach to teaching. The book combines storytelling, problem-solving activities, and colorful illustrations to make the learning experience engaging and enjoyable for children. It also includes real-life examples to help children understand the practical application of force in our world.

4. How can this book benefit children?

This book can benefit children by helping them develop critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, and a deeper understanding of the concept of force. It also promotes creativity and curiosity, which are essential skills for success in any field.

5. Can this book be used in a classroom setting?

Yes, "Little Nellie Newton's Force Problems" can be used in a classroom setting as a supplementary resource for teaching physics. The book's interactive activities and relatable stories can be incorporated into lesson plans to make learning about force more engaging for students.