Where Can I Find Parts IV and V of Momentum Maps and Classical Fields Series?

• Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the search for parts IV and V of the series of articles called "Momentum Maps and Classical Fields". The parts are titled "Adjoint Formalism" and "Platini Gravity" and are authored by Mark Gotay and Marsden. The articles can't be found on arxiv and it is mentioned that they may not be completed or made available. The possibility of asking for them is suggested.
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
Hi, I am looking for parts IV and V of the series of articles called "Momentum Maps and Classical Fields", these parts are called "Adjoint Formalism" and "Platini Gravity" respectively.

I tried looking it in arxiv but as of now I didn't find them.

Thanks for your help.

Physics news on Phys.org
who were the articles authored by??

Last edited:
Yes, and also Marsden.

I only found parts I,II and III, the last parts I haven't found.

Ah yes, GiMmsy, nice articles. I don't think IV and V were completed, or at least not made available, though they are listed in the ToC of III. If they existed, they'd be here:
http://www.pims.math.ca/~gotay/
I suppose you could ask.

Related to Where Can I Find Parts IV and V of Momentum Maps and Classical Fields Series?

1. What is a preprint?

A preprint is a version of a research paper that has not yet been peer-reviewed or published in a journal. It is often shared on preprint servers or online repositories to allow for early dissemination of research findings.

2. Why would someone search for two preprints?

Searching for two preprints may be necessary when conducting a literature review or comparing two studies on a similar topic. It can also help researchers identify gaps or inconsistencies in the existing research.

3. How do I search for two preprints?

One way to search for two preprints is to use a search engine or preprint server and include specific keywords or phrases related to the topic or research question. Some databases or repositories also allow for advanced search options to narrow down results.

4. Are preprints reliable sources of information?

Preprints should be considered as preliminary findings and not yet finalized research. Therefore, they should not be used as the sole source of information. However, they can provide valuable insights into ongoing research and can be used in conjunction with peer-reviewed publications.

5. How can I access preprints?

Preprints are typically freely available online through preprint servers or repositories. However, some may require registration or payment to access. Additionally, preprints can also be requested directly from the authors or through interlibrary loan services.