Do women find scientists attractive? Specifically physicists?

In summary, the conversation discusses whether being a scientist or science student helps in attracting beautiful girls. However, most people agree that one's profession alone does not determine their attractiveness to others. Other factors such as personality, intelligence, and physical appearance play a bigger role. Some believe that certain characteristics, such as being a leader or visiting the gym, may make someone more attractive, but these traits are not exclusive to any profession. Overall, being a scientist does not automatically make someone more attractive to women or men.
Last chance U
From your own experience do you think being a scientist or a science student has helped you attract beautiful girls?

Discuss.

Physics news on Phys.org
Last chance U said:
From your own experience do you think being a scientist or a science student has helped you attract beautiful girls?

Discuss.

Sorry bro, but you're in the wrong field if you're looking to attract "beautiful girls" based on your profession alone. Better start studying for the LSAT or MCAT if that's your goal.

Physicists in general? No.
Particular physicists? Yes.
Me personally? Of course!

Wait you're telling me you never see the swarm of beautiful women at every physics conference waiting to just glance at a physicist?! I envy them physicist for that.

Women are not a monolithic group. Just like men they have individual tastes and few will care that much about what their partner does for a living.

Terrible troll thread. That avatar was a dead give away not to mention the username n who makes these kind of threads? Smh

I think Physicist mean {genius} and women love this :biggrin:

My wife is pretty good looking, but I am a bio major. But if i where you i would look for a girl that can understand and talk about your interests rather then just a pretty face. Good looks are no fun to talk to I'd rather date a fugly duckling that's smart then a model who is dumb...

Caveat said:
Terrible troll thread. That avatar was a dead give away not to mention the username n who makes these kind of threads? Smh

Don't feed the troll.

Most physicists (male and female) are married, at least ##\exists##, but probably not ##\forall##.

Mohamed.AG said:
I think Physicist mean {genius} and women love this :biggrin:
... until the genius physicist says something the woman doesn't agree with. :eek:

Ryan_m_b said:
Women are not a monolithic group. Just like men they have individual tastes and few will care that much about what their partner does for a living.
:bugeye:
Do you have any peer reviewed sources for that claim? We don't make statements like that willy-nilly on PF.

Contrary to how it is portrayed in big bang theory, you're screwed.

George Jones said:
Most physicists (male and female) are married, at least ##\exists##, but probably not ##\forall##.

That was funny,thanks!

Anyway,I think I should remind you guys that we have females among both physicists and physics students and no one doomed female physicists and physics students to be ugly!
Also,I think even among females not in physics,physicists can find a good one for marriage.Its not like people see physicists as little green men with jellylike gruesome bodies!
And we should also remember its not only beauty that matters,marriage is very different from buying luxuries and delicious snacks!

I have been married for 10 years and my wife still refers to my career as "lasers and stuff".

In essence, being a scientist means precisely nothing for most women (beautiful or otherwise). And nor should it really.

Do you chase women/men based on their career choices??

Claude.

I don't think that an average woman finds an average scientist attractive. I think there are specific characteristics which make a male attractive to a woman. I can't define all of them but from my experience these are prestigious profession, leadership, height, build, he must be not boring, smart. If a scientist has all the necessary characteristics then he is attractive to women but from my experience an average scientist has fewer necessary characteristics than an avarage manager.

Cyril141795 said:
I don't think that an average woman finds an average scientist attractive. I think there are specific characteristics which make a male attractive to a woman. I can't define all of them but from my experience these are prestigious profession, leadership, height, build, he must be not boring, smart. If a scientist has all the necessary characteristics then he is attractive to women but from my experience an average scientist has fewer necessary characteristics than an avarage manager.

I'm curious about which specific "necessary" characteristics do the average scientist, in your experience, lack compared to the average manager.

StatGuy2000 said:
I'm curious about which specific "necessary" characteristics do the average scientist, in your experience, lack compared to the average manager.

Manager is believed to be more prestigious profession than scientist. Scientists are often cautious, they won't make a decision if they aren't certain about it. I think that one can't be certain about real life things like scientists are used to be certain about things therefore they often can't make confident statements which are needed to be a leader. Scientists rarely visit gym. People often find that scientists are boring. I don't know anything about correlation between height and being scientist. I think that the average scientist is smarter than the average manager.

Last edited:
Cyril141795 said:
Manager is believed to be more prestigious profession than scientist. Scientist are often cautious, they won't make a decision if they aren't certain about it. I think that one can't be certain about real life things like scientists are used to be certain about things therefore they often can't make confident statements which are needed to be a leader. Scientists rarely visit gym. People often find that scientists are boring. I don't know anything about correlation between height and being scientist. I think that the average scientist are smarter than the average manager.
You are spouting a lot of misinformation, you should probably stop.

Cyril141795 said:
Manager is believed to be more prestigious profession than scientist. Scientists are often cautious, they won't make a decision if they aren't certain about it. I think that one can't be certain about real life things like scientists are used to be certain about things therefore they often can't make confident statements which are needed to be a leader. Scientists rarely visit gym. People often find that scientists are boring. I don't know anything about correlation between height and being scientist. I think that the average scientist is smarter than the average manager.

LOL! I have never heard so much horses**t being spouted in the above post.

Instead of asking on a forum, why not just ask a girl in real life?

WannabeNewton said:
Umm,... but what they say and what they actually think tend to be rather different...

strangerep said:
Umm,... but what they say and what they actually think tend to be rather different...

"Any restaurant is fine dear, you make the choice!" :devil:

WannabeNewton said:

Because real girls are scary !

Physicists, no.

Mathematicians may as well be James Bond, though. Girls love mathematicians.

lisab said:
Because real girls are scary !

Try imaginary girls then.

Ryan_m_b said:

Ryan said it best.

You can't make these kinds of generalizations.

R136a1 said:
Try imaginary girls then.

##\mathfrak Scarier.##
ImaginaryGirls_pbk_cover.jpe
[*]​

Question: 'scientist or a science student?' I think science is attractive to some women, however, the population of women attracted have only, just recently, exceeded men (if not the man and science). To ask the question belies a man's understanding of a modern woman. There are greater things under heaven and Earth than are understood by this approach. But they love you anyway, don't they...

1. Do women find scientists attractive?

This is a subjective question and can vary from person to person. Some women may find scientists attractive, while others may not. Attractiveness is influenced by a variety of factors, including personality, intelligence, and physical appearance.

2. Are physicists considered attractive by women?

Again, attractiveness is subjective and can vary from person to person. Some women may find the intelligence and analytical thinking skills of physicists attractive, while others may not be as interested in these qualities.

3. Do women prefer scientists over other professions?

There is no definitive answer to this question as preferences can vary greatly among individuals. Some women may find scientists attractive due to their intelligence and passion for their work, while others may prefer individuals in different professions.

4. Are there specific traits that make scientists attractive to women?

While this can vary from person to person, some women may find intelligence, curiosity, and passion for their work to be attractive traits in scientists. Additionally, a sense of humor and good communication skills may also be seen as attractive qualities.

5. Do women find scientists who are passionate about their work more attractive?

Passion for one's work can be an attractive quality to some women, as it can demonstrate dedication, drive, and ambition. However, it is not the sole determining factor in attractiveness and can vary among individuals.