Creating an Automated Advertisement Application in Visual Basic 6

In summary, the conversation discusses making an application in Visual Basic 6 that will display different advertisements in a picture box and automatically change them after a specific period of time. The suggested approach is to use an Image control and a timer to rotate the images. It is also mentioned that using VB.NET would be a better option, but it depends on the requirements. The person asking for help is advised to share their progress so far in order to receive assistance.
sushant15488
hey can anyone help me, i have to make an application, in which i have to change pictures in piture box ,means the i have to show advertisement in picture box, and a specfic period of time it automatically change to some other advertisement, i have to create this application in visual basic 6,and i have import advertisment from internet

Technology news on Phys.org
Well, i'd rather stay away from VB 6 and use VB.NET if possible, but you'll want to use an Image control for displaying the image. I believe you can specify a URL for the image location and the control will take care of fetching the image from the web. Then use a timer to rotate images.

But if VB is what he needs to do in, then .NET is not really an option.

sushant, what do you have so far? We can help you, but we can't do it for you.

FAQ: Creating an Automated Advertisement Application in Visual Basic 6

1. What is Visual Basic 6 programming?

Visual Basic 6 programming is a programming language and integrated development environment (IDE) used to create Windows applications. It is a variant of the BASIC language and was released by Microsoft in 1998.

2. Is Visual Basic 6 still supported?

No, Microsoft ended support for Visual Basic 6 in 2008. However, there are still many resources and online communities available for those who continue to use it.

3. What are the advantages of using Visual Basic 6?

Some advantages of using Visual Basic 6 include its user-friendly interface, its ability to easily create GUI applications, and its built-in debugging tools.

4. Can Visual Basic 6 be used to create web applications?

No, Visual Basic 6 was designed for creating desktop applications and is not suitable for developing web applications. However, there are other versions of Visual Basic, such as Visual Basic .NET, that can be used for web development.

5. Is it easy to learn Visual Basic 6?

Yes, Visual Basic 6 is known for its simplicity and ease of use, making it a popular choice for beginners. There are also many online tutorials and resources available to help individuals learn the language.

Back