Visual Studio Chart won't be displayed in debug mode

In summary, the person is seeking help with creating a real-time voltage chart using Visual Studio 2015. They are not familiar with this software and have previously used Visual Basic 6. They are having trouble seeing the chart they are creating and are using the default chart control. They will post pictures later due to weak wifi signal. A suggested solution is to try refreshing the chart display using a method call.
Guidestone
Hey guys so I just came across visual studio 2015 to program some real time voltage chart. I don't have enough knowledge of this software as I have been working with visual basic 6 before until I had to let it go for good. The issue is I cant´see the chart I'm creating I'm using the default chart control within the program and I'm able to see the graph while in editing mode but once I try the program out it just displays a blank space with the series symbol at the corner. Any help would be really appreciated. I'm posting pictures later cause my wifi signal is kinda weak.
Thank you tons!

Technology news on Phys.org

1. Why is the chart not being displayed in debug mode?

There could be several reasons for this. One possibility is that there is an error in the code that is preventing the chart from being displayed. Another possibility is that the chart is being hidden or covered by another element on the page. It is also possible that there is an issue with the data being used to populate the chart.

2. How can I troubleshoot the issue with the chart not showing in debug mode?

The first step in troubleshooting this issue is to check the code for any errors. Make sure that the chart is being correctly initialized and that the data is being properly passed to it. If there are no apparent errors in the code, try using debugging tools to step through the code and identify any potential issues. You can also try temporarily removing any other elements on the page to see if they are covering the chart.

3. Is there a specific setting I need to change to display the chart in debug mode?

No, there is no specific setting in Visual Studio that needs to be changed in order to display the chart in debug mode. However, it is important to make sure that the chart is being correctly initialized and that there are no errors in the code that would prevent it from being displayed.

4. Why is the chart only not showing in debug mode but works in release mode?

This could be due to differences in the way the code is executed in debug mode versus release mode. In debug mode, the code is executed line by line, allowing for easier debugging of any potential issues. In release mode, the code is optimized for performance, which could result in the chart being displayed differently. It is important to make sure that the code is working correctly in both modes.

5. Are there any common mistakes that could cause the chart to not display in debug mode?

Yes, some common mistakes that could cause the chart to not display in debug mode include misspelled variable names, incorrect data types, or missing references to required libraries. It is also important to make sure that the chart is being correctly initialized and that there are no errors in the code that would prevent it from being displayed.