I, Robot Movie Review: Worth the Price!

In summary, "I, Robot" is a movie that is better than expected with nice action scenes and well-done robots. The main actor, Will Smith, is charismatic but not given much opportunity to showcase his acting skills. The portrayal of Susan Calvin is different from the books, and the books are not easily accessible. Will Smith is also known for his intelligence and past success in the sitcom "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air".
Adam
I saw I, Robot last night. I haven't yet read the book, so I can't say whether it has much to do with the book or not. But it was definitely better than I expected. Nice action scenes, an okay story, and the robots were done very well. I'd say it was worth my AU$9.

Physics news on Phys.org
How was Will Smith?

The movie looks cool, but since I'm not a regular movie goer I'll probably wait until the DVD comes out.

Will Smith was ok. I think he's quite charismatic. But this particular role didn't call for a huge amount of acting, just lots of action.

Susan Calvin was way messed up in this movie. In the books, she's the tough as nails robopsycholigist that would likely go off with a gun and shoot all the stupid people. In the movie, she was just some chick...

I plan to read it soon, when I can find it. Our books are not ordered very well.

Will Smith was ok. I think he's quite charismatic

Will is quite a character. On the Tonight Show he came out dancing to the music.

He's intelligent too. MIT sent him an application form, but he rejected it to pursue a career in Hip Hop.

I use to be a big an of "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" (A popular sitcom).

1. Is "I, Robot" a science fiction movie?

Yes, "I, Robot" is a science fiction movie. It takes place in a future world where robots are a common part of society and explores themes surrounding artificial intelligence.

2. Who stars in "I, Robot"?

The main star of "I, Robot" is Will Smith, who plays Detective Del Spooner. Other notable actors in the film include Bridget Moynahan, Alan Tudyk, and James Cromwell.

3. Does "I, Robot" follow the same story as the book it is based on?

No, "I, Robot" is loosely based on the book of the same name by Isaac Asimov. While the film shares some similarities with the book, it deviates significantly in terms of plot and character development.

4. Is "I, Robot" a good movie?

This is a subjective question and opinions may vary. However, "I, Robot" was generally well-received by audiences and critics, with praise for its action sequences, visual effects, and exploration of complex themes. It currently holds a 69% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

5. Is "I, Robot" worth the price of admission?

Again, this is a subjective question and depends on individual preferences. However, if you are a fan of science fiction and action movies, "I, Robot" is definitely worth the price of admission for its thrilling plot and impressive visual effects.