Its funny how everything works so symmetricly

• Thread starter QuantumTheory
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Funny Works
In summary, the conversation discusses a new mini-disc that uses a blue laser drive to store information more efficiently, and the potential of electricity in our brains to hold answers about memory retrieval. The conversation also briefly touches on the forces of nature and the beauty of the world. There is a mention of a theory of reciprocity and a discussion about equations and concepts.
QuantumTheory
New mini-disc ~ blue laser drive ~ Stores =<1gig

Hello again. My name is Kev.I'm 16. I've had a few thoughts about some things.

Paticular, a mini CD disc that can hold ALOT (gigs I believe?) of information , and is smaller than a CD!
The driver uses a blue laser instead of the regular low powered infared red laser. Apparently this higher powered laser transmits data more effiently, thus storing more memory.

I also wanted to point something out.
First, let's look at some forces of nature:
Magnetism - Every body that has mass, has magnetism. The Earth's core is comprised of materials that are magnetic. Our Earth has a pole, a magnetic field. Compasses point north.
Eletromagnetic radiation - Electromagnetic radiation. Also known as light. Light is a form of energy, comprised of particles known as photons.
Eletricity - Our brain is a computer. It stores information. Retrival of this information is not well known yet; however, I believe eletricity holds the answer. You see, our brains use synaps to connect, and electrical impulses travel though our body all the time. If it wasn't for these electrical impulses, we wouldn't feel pain - among a lot of other negative consequences.

Time - Without time, there would be nothing (or would there .. hmm). Everything takes time. The spacetime continum states that as you travel though space, you take away from time. I.e as I walk from here to my grocery store, (travelling though space) it takes a certain amount of time.

My point is.. The world we live in is beautiful, and a big aspect of it is to be able to fully appreciate it. Though matematics and science, traveling though book after book, lecture after lecture, we learn and reconnect memories, and we thrive to control this mass of learning potential in which we all yield.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
QuantumTheory said:
The driver uses a blue laser instead of the regular low powered infared red laser. Apparently this higher powered laser transmits data more effiently, thus storing more memory.
The smaller-wavelength laser is capable of discerning smaller details on the disc surface, and thus is able to cram more information per unit surface area.
Every body that has mass, has magnetism.
This is false. Neutrons have mass, but no charge. The neutron is just one of many such particles.

- Warren

Actually neutrons are composed of charged quarks, so they do have a magnetic moment. I don't see what this has to do with symmetry though.

I don't know that he means symmetry in the same way physicists mean it. He just seems to be appreciating the beauty in the world, and it is well known that humans associate beauty with symmetry. That's mostly geometric symmetry, if I recall correctly, but I'm sure it can extend to other types. There are certainly plenty of scientists that view their own theories with awe and see a good deal of beauty in them. I tend to lean with Darwin when he states that there is great wonder in the evolutionary view of the biological world. Physics is a mixed bag; some of it is elegant, some of it is just downright odd.

QuantumTheory said:

Paticular, a mini CD disc that can hold ALOT (gigs I believe?) of information , and is smaller than a CD!

Magnetism - Every body that has mass, has magnetism. The Earth's core is comprised of materials that are magnetic. Our Earth has a pole, a magnetic field. Compasses point north.
Eletromagnetic radiation - Electromagnetic radiation. Also known as light. Light is a form of energy, comprised of particles known as photons.
Eletricity - Our brain is a computer. It stores information. Retrival of this information is not well known yet; however, I believe eletricity holds the answer. You see, our brains use synaps to connect, and electrical impulses travel though our body all the time. If it wasn't for these electrical impulses, we wouldn't feel pain - among a lot of other negative consequences.

Time - Without time, there would be nothing (or would there .. hmm). Everything takes time. The spacetime continum states that as you travel though space, you take away from time. I.e as I walk from here to my grocery store, (travelling though space) it takes a certain amount of time.

My point is.. The world we live in is beautiful, and a big aspect of it is to be able to fully appreciate it. Though matematics and science, traveling though book after book, lecture after lecture, we learn and reconnect memories, and we thrive to control this mass of learning potential in which we all yield.

There is probably more to that symmetry than you expect -
Theory of Reciprocity
Brain candy. Chew slowly. Enjoy.

Good observation, but things are less complicated than the conventional wisdom would lead you to believe.

Thor, I don't believe the equations at those links, because the letters denoting variables don't have well defined numeric referents. How do you differentiate a concept? And I distrust any theory that is presented to me with fake equations.

selfAdjoint said:
Thor, I don't believe the equations at those links, because the letters denoting variables don't have well defined numeric referents. How do you differentiate a concept? And I distrust any theory that is presented to me with fake equations.

Differentiating a concept is confusing; because sometimes its opt to opinion. I'm not sure what he is referring the "null set" as.

chroot said:
The smaller-wavelength laser is capable of discerning smaller details on the disc surface, and thus is able to cram more information per unit surface area.

This is false. Neutrons have mass, but no charge. The neutron is just one of many such particles.

- Warren

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know exactly *why* it worked, and this clears it up for me. Neutrons have no charge, their charge is neutral, that's correct. But I didn't take that into consideration as well.. I'm learning, at least.

QuantumTheory said:

I think you are anthropomorphizing...

QuantumTheory said:

Transmission of nerve impulses across the synapse is through chemical means by neurotransmitters. Check it out on the web. The process is very interesting.

What is symmetry in science?

Symmetry in science refers to a balanced and harmonious arrangement of elements or parts within a system. It is a fundamental concept that describes the organization and functioning of the natural world.

Why is symmetry important in science?

Symmetry is important in science because it allows us to understand and predict how different systems and processes work. It also helps us identify patterns and relationships between different elements, making it easier to study and analyze complex systems.

How is symmetry used in scientific research?

Symmetry is used in scientific research in various ways, depending on the field of study. For example, it is used in physics to describe the laws of motion and conservation of energy, in chemistry to predict the shape and properties of molecules, and in biology to understand the structure and function of organisms.

Can symmetry be found in the human body?

Yes, symmetry can be found in the human body. Our bodies have bilateral symmetry, meaning that they can be divided into two equal halves along a central plane. This symmetry is important for our balance and coordination, as well as for the proper functioning of our internal organs.

How does symmetry impact our daily lives?

Symmetry impacts our daily lives in many ways. It is present in the design of buildings, furniture, and other objects we use. It also plays a role in art and aesthetics, as symmetrical patterns are often considered pleasing to the eye. Additionally, our understanding of symmetry has led to many technological advancements, such as the development of mirrors and lenses.