What courses are you taking next semester?

In summary: I might take it next winter though. In summary, the student plans to take:Math 140C - Multivariate Analysis IMath 162B - Differential Geometry IIMath 199 - Independent Study - Intro to Lie AlgebrasMath 121B - Linear Algebra IIMath 141 - Intro to TopologyMath 112C - PDEs II
Metalogic 1 (7,5 ECTS)
Modal logic (7,5 ECTS)
Metalogic 2 (7,5 ECTS)
Academic writing in english (I live in Scandinavia) (7,5 ECTS)
Metaphysics xor Metaethics (7,5 ECTS each)

The standard workload at my university is 4 courses à 7,5 ECTS per semester, but I'm trying to take 7,5 credits extra each semester, including taking extra courses during summer, so that I can reduce the time I have to spend at undergraduate level by 1½-2 semesters. That would allow me to get a b.a (I'm majoring in philosophy and logic) after 2 - 2.25 years.

Physics news on Phys.org
GR from Weinberg
QFT from Ryder and Peskin and Schroeder
Real Analysis I (from Lewin...you probably don't know it, but it's veryyyy gentle)
Topics in Set Theory (Lewin again)
Galois Theory from...I don't remember @.@

Should be an interesting semester? From the reading ahead I've done in Analysis, Topology (even if it's only of the real line!) is VERY cool.

920118 said:
Metalogic 1 (7,5 ECTS)
Modal logic (7,5 ECTS)
Metalogic 2 (7,5 ECTS)
Academic writing in english (I live in Scandinavia) (7,5 ECTS)
Metaphysics xor Metaethics (7,5 ECTS each)

The standard workload at my university is 4 courses à 7,5 ECTS per semester, but I'm trying to take 7,5 credits extra each semester, including taking extra courses during summer, so that I can reduce the time I have to spend at undergraduate level by 1½-2 semesters. That would allow me to get a b.a (I'm majoring in philosophy and logic) after 2 - 2.25 years.

Modal logic...legit.
:)

Intro to Analysis
Linear Algebra and Matrix theory
Money and Banking
Economics of Immigration
Intermiedate Macroeconomic Theory

15 Credits. I am a Applied Math/Econ major

I feel like such a pathetic noob lol.

Matrix and Linear Algebra w/ Proofs (3 cr, A)
Calculus and Analytic Geometry (5 cr, I)
Sociology (3 cr, E)
Ethnic Studies (3 cr, E)

I'm also second semester freshmen (lol yes, I should have taken first semester)

Second semester sophomore:
1-Fundamental of nuclear power
2-General Chemistry
3-Classical dance
4-Mathematical Methods of Physics
5-Optics and modern physics
6-Practice record of nuclear radiation
7-Practice General Physics 3
8-Statistical Physics
9-French

Advanced Engineering Mathematics
Engineering Mechanics (Statics & Dynamics)
Physics 211
Basic Thermodynamics
Anthropology 250- last of my Gen Ed requirements! Haha.

Algorithms and data structures

Stochastic simulation

General chemistry

Probability theory

Power electronics

Science/engineering in society (cant remember real course title :p)

I don't know what physics or mathematics class is going to require 3-5 hours per week. I'm not even completely sure if 8-12 hours suffices for a non rudimentary understanding of later math and physics courses.. definitely not a "very difficult class" at least.

Higher physics courses in college can be a bit harder than most which is why some teachers make additional markings to grading procedures such as 65% being a C- as opposed to 70%. Especially because those courses rely more on understanding than just simple rote memorization. In my experience they were generally harder because of the 15 student sized class, and that + lab being the professors only section meant he had more time to focus on how to drive the students insane.

Ultimately, it depends on the student. When I was doing pretty poorly in college, I grasped the concepts but when it came to test time, didn't do so well because I never popped open the book. Retook classes with some work done 1 hour after class of working problems, got an A but this was in the tier 3 courses of physics, biology, and chemistry. Tier 1 courses are much different at the school I go to. But because it is private, most courses are generally tougher because of the small class size and the faculty having more time on their hands aside from their own research projects.

3-5hrs on general chemistry 1 I can understand and for physics I understand as well if the student was never exposed to the material in high school.

Nano-Passion said:
Calc based Physics II
Calculus II
Intro to Philosophy
College Survival Skills -- bullsh** class
Creative Writing
Intro to Statistics & Probability

Dropped the creative writing class. It wasn't what I thought it was. I was hoping for something akin to creative essays but it was centered around poems and fiction. bleh. =p Sorry poem lovers. =p

Calc 3
English-Critical Thinking and Writing
Marine Biology
U.S. History

Project in Optoelectronics
Optoelectronics
Optoelectronics and Communication
Communication Systems
Digital Communications
Management for EngineersI must say, these course descriptions look a little repetitive
oh, and this is my 4th year bachelor/honours in BTech-Optoelectronics

Intro to Mechanical Engineering
Design Fundamentals
Electronics and Circuits
Fluid Mechanics