Iconic three word movie quotes?

• Thread starter maverick_starstrider
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary, the "three word" movie quotes that are actually four word quotes are really funny. I think video stores are in big trouble because Netflix is getting better and better.
maverick_starstrider
Iconic "three" word movie quotes?

I just came across this poll on IMDB http://www.imdb.com/poll/ and EVERY SINGLE ONE of the "three word" quotes is actually a four word quote contracted. That's pretty crazy that accidently every single one would actually NOT be a three word.

Physics news on Phys.org

Feeling lucky, punk?

turbo-1 said:
Feeling lucky, punk?

Isn't it "You got to ask yourself one question. Do you feel lucky? Well. Do ya. Punk"

Well its kinda hard to say much in only three words and most spoken quotes are going to use 'I' or 'You' in them (a good tip for doing the crytoquote in the newspaper by the way).

Stay on target.

ET phone home.

Hi ho Silver

Stir the tanks [is that right? ...Apollo 13]

Last edited:

maverick_starstrider said:
I just came across this poll on IMDB http://www.imdb.com/poll/ and EVERY SINGLE ONE of the "three word" quotes is actually a four word quote contracted. That's pretty crazy that accidently every single one would actually NOT be a three word.
Especially the last one. Seems the irony did not escape them either.

Good morning, Dave.

Heuristic ALgorithmic

I'll be back

Resistance is futile.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :tongue:

Ivan Seeking said:
Good morning, Dave.

I wonder what made you think of that. :biggrin:

Yippee-ki-yay, mf - how many words is it?

Et tu, Brute.

Run, Forrest, Run!

(Is that sacreligious to place Shakespeare quote in the same post with a Forrest Gump quote?)

Unfortunately, the daily poll seems to change each day (it's only logical).

"Nipples on men! - Spoken by Evil Genius (Satan) in Time Bandits.

Evo said:
"Nipples on men! - Spoken by Evil Genius (Satan) in Time Bandits.

Awesome movie. I've always coveted that map.

Borek,

Yippee-ki-yay, mf - how many words is it?

Bruce Willis movies provided me with the ability to swear like I never imagined I could.

LOL

Thanks
Matt

maverick_starstrider said:
That's pretty crazy that accidently every single one would actually NOT be a three word.

Except they really are all three-word quotes. A contraction is one word regardless of how many words it is formed from. Shouldn't've, for example, is only one word.

Game over, man!

what is so special about 3 words? Why not 5 or 8 or 27?

'Gooooood morning Vietnaaaaam!'

Via con Dios

from Point Break

KHAAAAAAAAAAN!

The best actors only need one word.

LOL, Shatner was great.

Matt

Tobias Funke said:
KHAAAAAAAAAAN!

The best actors only need one word.

:rofl::rofl:

Funny, Tobias!

Valkyrie was good.

Hmmmmm, I was just comparing the Netflix's monthly program to Hollywood video's monthly program. I think video stores are in big trouble. Netflix has been awesome! As they get bigger it should only get better.

Ivan Seeking said:
Funny, Tobias!

Valkyrie was good.

Hmmmmm, I was just comparing the Netflix's monthly program to Hollywood video's monthly program. I think video stores are in big trouble. Netflix has been awesome! As they get bigger it should only get better.

Duh, I thought I was posting in the random thoughts thread. :rolleyes:

1. What are some examples of iconic three word movie quotes?

Some examples of iconic three word movie quotes include "I'll be back" (Terminator), "May the Force be with you" (Star Wars), and "Here's Johnny" (The Shining).

2. Why do people remember and quote iconic three word movie quotes?

Iconic three word movie quotes often have a strong impact and are memorable because they convey a powerful message or emotion in a short and succinct manner.

3. How do iconic three word movie quotes become popular?

Iconic three word movie quotes often become popular through the success and popularity of the movie they are from, as well as the delivery and performance of the actor delivering the line.

4. Can iconic three word movie quotes become part of popular culture?

Yes, iconic three word movie quotes can become part of popular culture as they are often referenced in other media, such as TV shows, commercials, and everyday conversations.

5. Are iconic three word movie quotes important in the film industry?

Iconic three word movie quotes can be important in the film industry as they can contribute to the success and popularity of a movie, and can also become a memorable and defining aspect of a film.