How to solve the attached differential equations using Mathematica

In summary, the individual is seeking help with solving differential equations using the Lagrange method in Mathematica. They are encountering problems and are seeking advice on how to properly set parameters and conditions in the NDSolve function. They have provided code and are open to any assistance from the forum. They are advised to provide more details and to break down their code for easier troubleshooting.
sky8754180
Hello everyone,

I am making use of Mathematica to solve differential equations developed by Lagrange method,

I have met some problems in solving the equations,

I cannot obtain the correct result even though I have set "t" and "MaxSteps" both as "Infinity". I have run the program for 7 hours, but it cannot stop calculation under the condition that
"Event"->(RLEy[[1,1]]).

I don't know much about how to set the parameters of NDSolve functions
properly in order to get correct results?

The program I have run is as the attached, I appreciate any help from you.

Attachments

• Dynamic equations.nb
    51 KB · Views: 360
Physics news on Phys.org

I understand your frustration with trying to solve differential equations using the Lagrange method in Mathematica. It can be a complex process and it's not uncommon to encounter problems along the way. In order to help you, it would be helpful if you could provide more details about the specific equations you are trying to solve and the code you are using. This will allow us to better understand the issue and provide more targeted advice.

In general, when using the NDSolve function in Mathematica, it is important to carefully consider the parameters you are setting, such as "t" and "MaxSteps". It's also important to check the initial conditions and boundary conditions you have set for the equations. Sometimes, a small error in these parameters or conditions can lead to incorrect results or the program getting stuck in a continuous loop.

I would suggest checking the Mathematica documentation for NDSolve and also reaching out to the Mathematica community for assistance. They may have encountered similar issues and can provide helpful insights and solutions.

In addition, it may be helpful to break down your code into smaller chunks and test each part separately to identify where the problem may be occurring. This can help narrow down the issue and make it easier to troubleshoot.

I hope this helps and I wish you success in solving your equations. Don't hesitate to ask for help if you encounter any further difficulties. Best of luck!

Related to How to solve the attached differential equations using Mathematica

1. How do I enter the differential equations into Mathematica?

To enter a differential equation into Mathematica, use the "DSolve" function and write the equation in the form "DSolve[{equation1, equation2, ...}, {y1, y2, ...}, x]". This will solve the equations for the dependent variables (y1, y2, etc.) as functions of the independent variable (x).

2. Can Mathematica solve any type of differential equation?

Mathematica can solve a wide range of differential equations, including ordinary differential equations (ODEs), partial differential equations (PDEs), and systems of differential equations. However, there may be some equations that Mathematica cannot solve analytically.

3. How do I specify initial or boundary conditions for the differential equations?

To specify initial or boundary conditions, use the "DSolve" function with the option "DSolve[{equation1, equation2, ...}, {y1, y2, ...}, {x, x0, x1}]", where x0 and x1 are the initial and final values of the independent variable.

4. What if I want to plot the solution to the differential equations?

You can use the "Plot" function to plot the solution to a differential equation. First, use "DSolve" to solve the equations and then use "Plot" to plot the resulting functions. You can also use "ParametricPlot" for systems of differential equations.

5. How do I check the accuracy of the solution obtained from Mathematica?

Mathematica provides a built-in function called "NDSolve" for numerical solutions to differential equations. You can use this function to compare the results with the analytical solution obtained from "DSolve". Additionally, you can also specify a precision or accuracy goal when using "DSolve" to improve the accuracy of the solution.