Help: Abaqus-why not get the correct stress? with inp file.

In summary, the conversation is about a user seeking help with getting the correct stress results from an Abaqus inp file for a pipe calculation. They also have a question about setting constraints between nodes in a cylindrical coordinate system and are looking for suggestions and recommendations for their issue.
beitownren
help: Abaqus--why not get the correct stress? with inp file.

hi, all,

the attachment is the calculation inp file for the stress of pipe.
but now i can not get the correct result.

pls help me to find the error. thanks in advance!

Attachments

• tower.txt
    52.9 KB · Views: 543
Engineering news on Phys.org

hi,all;

now, there is a question about the coordinate system in ABAQUS/STANDARD.

For example, two straight line with the same node coordinates under the global coordinate system are input into the model by inp file.

if we define the line section as pipe, how do i set the constraint between the radial direction of same node in the two line?
that is to say, when the nodes are by default in the global rectangular coordinate system, i want to transform the constrained nodes into the cylindrical coordinate system, and then build the constraint equation under radial direction between two nodes.

i write the inp codes based on the above, but it is checked with many errors in the process of DATA CHECK.

would you like to give me some suggestion and recommendation to my problem?

rgds,
thanks.

FAQ: Help: Abaqus-why not get the correct stress? with inp file.

1. Why am I not getting the correct stress results in Abaqus with my inp file?

There could be several reasons why you are not getting the correct stress results in Abaqus. Some possible causes could be incorrect material properties, incorrect boundary conditions, or errors in the input file. It is important to carefully check and verify all inputs to ensure accuracy.

2. How can I troubleshoot incorrect stress results in Abaqus?

To troubleshoot incorrect stress results in Abaqus, you can try running a simple validation test with known inputs to compare with your results. You can also check the element types and formulations used, as well as the mesh quality. Additionally, reviewing the Abaqus log files and error messages can provide clues to the issue.

3. Can the element type affect stress results in Abaqus?

Yes, the element type can significantly affect the stress results in Abaqus. Different element types have different formulations and assumptions, which can lead to varying results. It is important to choose the appropriate element type for your specific analysis to ensure accurate stress results.

4. How do I know if my boundary conditions are correct in Abaqus?

To verify the correctness of your boundary conditions in Abaqus, you can review the load and displacement values applied to your model. You can also check if all necessary constraints are applied, and if there are any reactions at the constrained nodes. Running a simple analysis with known inputs can also help validate the boundary conditions.

5. What should I do if I am still not getting the correct stress results in Abaqus?

If you are still not getting the correct stress results in Abaqus, it may be helpful to seek assistance from a more experienced user or consult the Abaqus documentation. You can also try simplifying your model and running a simpler analysis to isolate and identify the issue. Additionally, double-checking all inputs and settings can also help ensure accurate results.

Back