How to calculate maximum load of the box

In summary, the conversation discusses the attachment of a file containing information about three different types of forces applied, with a material yield strength of 55.1 MPa or 8000 psi. The goal is to find the maximum load for each type of force, but it is unclear which equation to use as the box is empty. The dimensions of the box are provided, with a width of 70mm, length of 85mm, height of 65mm, and thickness of 6mm for the four sides and 10mm for the top and bottom. The question remains about which equation to use for the three types of forces and what happens when the maximum load is reached, possibly leading to plastic deformation based on the definition of
hsji
Hi I attached the file. there are 3 different types of forces applied.
and material's yield strength is 55.1 MPa or 8000 psi.
I want to find maximum load of box for each types.
I don't know which equation I can use. because the box is empty.
the dimension of box is
width: 70mm, length: 85mm, and height: 65mm.
and thickness of four sides 6mm and thickness of top and bottom is 10mm.
Which equation I can use for the three different types of forces applied

Attachments

• ddd.jpg
    ddd.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 475
Physics news on Phys.org
"Maximum load" before what happens?

That it deforms plastically? (hint: use defnition of "yield strength")
Or something else?

Note: Each pic appears to show two boxes.

1. What is the maximum load of a box?

The maximum load of a box refers to the maximum weight or load that a box can hold without breaking or collapsing. It is an important factor to consider when packing and shipping items to ensure the safety of the contents.

2. How do you calculate the maximum load of a box?

The maximum load of a box can be calculated by determining the weight and dimensions of the box, as well as the strength of the materials used to make the box. The maximum load can then be calculated using a formula that takes into account these factors.

3. What factors affect the maximum load of a box?

The maximum load of a box can be affected by various factors such as the strength of the materials used to make the box, the dimensions of the box, and the distribution of weight within the box. Other factors such as temperature and humidity can also affect the strength of the materials and ultimately the maximum load of the box.

4. How can I increase the maximum load of a box?

To increase the maximum load of a box, you can use stronger materials such as double-walled cardboard or reinforced plastic. You can also adjust the dimensions of the box to make it more sturdy or use additional packaging materials, such as bubble wrap or packing peanuts, to provide extra support and cushioning for the contents.

5. Why is it important to calculate the maximum load of a box?

Calculating the maximum load of a box is important to ensure the safety of the contents being shipped or stored. It helps prevent the box from breaking or collapsing, which can result in damage or loss of the items inside. Additionally, knowing the maximum load can also help determine the most efficient and cost-effective way to pack and ship items.