Math & Physics Jokes - Hee Hee, Enjoy the Smiles!

• Thread starter Nibs
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jokes
In summary, the conversation revolves around sharing math and physics jokes in an attempt to avoid studying for an exam. Some of the jokes include a chicken and turkey being crossed to get (Chicken)(turkey) sine theta, one photon getting tired of the other's interference, Heisenberg's operators not living in the suburbs because they don't commute, and a zero complimenting an 8's belt. The conversation also includes a joke from Bash.org about an ion looking for its lost electron.
Nibs
Hahaha.. my buddy just showed me a couple of math/physics jokes.. thought I'd share them in a neverending effort to put off exam studying.. I don't know if some of you have seen these before.. Some are corny but they're all worth at least a smile hehe.. Enjoy!

Q:What do you get when you cross a chicken and a turkey?
A: (Chicken)(turkey) sine theta

Q: What did one photon say to the other photon?
A: I'm sick and tired of your interference.

Q: Why won't Heisenbergs' operators live in the suburbs
A: They don't commute

A bar walks into a man, oops, wrong frame of reference.

Physics professor has been doing an experiment, and has worked out an empirical equation that seems to explain his data. He asks the math professor to look at it. A week later, the math professor says the equation is invalid. By then, the physics professor has used his equation to predict the results of further experiments, and he is getting excellent results, so he asks the math professor to look again. Another week goes by, and they meet once more. The math professor tells the physics professor the equation does work, "But only in the TRIVIAL case where the numbers are real and positive."

Q: What's the difference between an auto mechanic and a quantum mechanic?
A: The quantum mechanic can get the car inside the garage without opening the door.

Zero is walking down the street. He bumps into 8, looks him up and down and then says: HEY, NICE BELT!

Physics news on Phys.org
Nibs said:
A bar walks into a man, oops, wrong frame of reference.
That one's good. I got one from Bash.org:

An ion walks into a bar and says "I think I left an electron here last night." So the bartender asks "Are you positive?"

Haha, those are some great jokes! As a math and physics enthusiast, I always appreciate a good joke that combines my two favorite subjects. It's a nice break from the intense studying and problem solving. I especially love the one about the chicken and turkey and the one about the quantum mechanic. It's amazing how much humor can be found in the world of math and physics. Thanks for sharing these jokes, they definitely put a smile on my face!

1. What is the difference between a mathematician and a physicist?

A mathematician deals with abstract concepts and proofs, while a physicist applies mathematical principles to explain and understand the physical world.

2. Why was the math book sad?

Because it had too many problems.

3. What did the physicist say when he found a dead battery on the ground?

"I guess it ran out of charge."

4. How do you make seven an even number?

By removing the "s".

5. Why did Schrödinger's cat go to the vet?

To get a check-up and make sure it was still alive.