Maximizing Generator Performance: Motor and Dynamo Specs & Tips

In summary: You need to be more specific here. Measure and control high currents. Do you mean find a switch that is able to handle 200 amps? When you say measure, how accurate do you need to be?You need to be very precise in your measurements. A switch that can handle 200 amps would be ideal. If the current decreased to a certain limit, the switch would turn off.
hashmi
motor specs are..
dc motor single phase 24 volts 49.6 amp 3000rpm, 1hp

dynmo specs are:
dynamo 1500 rpm 31.5amp output current 8hp

shaft of motor 1.3cm diameter and dynamo 3.5cm approx

please tell me the ideas to drive the generator? give explained answers

Engineering news on Phys.org
Pulleys and a belt.

You are aware though that the output won't exceed the input, right?

Likes 1 person
yeah...
do i have to use flywheels?

generator have greater horse power than motor
is that a problem? do i have to match the horse power? or pulleys do this ?

hashmi said:
yeah...
do i have to use flywheels?
Not unless the load on the generator is highly variable.

hashmi said:
generator have greater horse power than motor
is that a problem? do i have to match the horse power? or pulleys do this ?
You don't have to match them, but it would be a waste not to, because of what I said in my first post.

Why are you doing this? What purpose will it serve?

can u give me some calculations of pulley system according to my need...i don't know how to calculate..
also give me some best site or pdf for flywheel calculation..

i want to generate electricity using generator which again charge batteries attached to motor.
i know the speed gradually start to decrease and system going to stop.but i have to design this system.

can anyone tell me how to make a current measuring circuit shich can measure upto 200A

which*

hashmi said:
can u give me some calculations of pulley system according to my need...i don't know how to calculate..
also give me some best site or pdf for flywheel calculation..

i want to generate electricity using generator which again charge batteries attached to motor.
i know the speed gradually start to decrease and system going to stop.but i have to design this system.

You can't do this. Your generator cannot put enough power out to charge the battery as well as power the motor which is what you would be doing. If you were to eliminate the battery you still would not have enough to run the motor. It would slow down just as quickly if not quicker than if you mechanically coupled the motor and generator together and spun them up manually with no electrical connections. If you used your scheme to charge the batteries the only thing the motor-generator setup does is increase the loss. It is a net drain. The real energy would be coming from whatever spins this combo up in the first place. And if this is the battery then you are just needlessly expediting the drain on the battery. If you want to charge batteries you need to just use the generator powered by something else.

yeah i understand ...
can anyone tell me how to measure and control high currents

You need to be more specific here. Measure and control high currents. Do you mean find a switch that is able to handle 200 amps? When you say measure, how accurate do you need to be?

i want a circuit or device that create a check on current value ..if it decrease a certain limit,,i willon some switches or do some other task.. but the current is high..

will on *

1. How does a generator work?

A generator works by converting mechanical energy into electrical energy. This is accomplished through the use of a rotating magnetic field and a stationary coil of wire. As the magnetic field rotates, it induces an electric current in the wire, which can then be used to power electrical devices.

2. What is the purpose of a generator?

The main purpose of a generator is to provide backup power in the event of a power outage. It can also be used in remote locations or in situations where grid power is not available.

3. How do you start a generator?

The process for starting a generator may vary depending on the type and model, but generally, it involves turning on the fuel supply, setting the choke (if applicable), and pulling the starter cord or pressing the start button. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and safety precautions when starting a generator.

4. How do you maintain a generator?

To ensure the proper functioning of a generator, it is important to regularly perform maintenance tasks such as checking the oil level and changing it when necessary, cleaning or replacing the air filter, and inspecting the spark plug. It is also important to follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule.

5. How do you connect a generator to a home?

It is important to consult a licensed electrician for proper installation of a generator to a home. In general, the process involves installing a transfer switch, which allows you to safely connect the generator to your electrical panel. The transfer switch also prevents backfeed, which can be dangerous for utility workers. Again, it is important to follow all safety precautions and manufacturer's instructions when connecting a generator to a home.