How to change a title on a webpage?

• Thread starter kindaichi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Change
In summary, to change the title of a webpage, use the <code>&lt;title&gt;</code> tag in the <code>&lt;head&gt;</code> section of your HTML document and replace the text between the tags. The title cannot be changed using CSS, but it is possible to change it dynamically using JavaScript. The title is important for user experience and SEO, and it can be changed without affecting the webpage's URL.
kindaichi
How to change this http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=141985 to another name that i prefer?I do not want this,it is way too long and i want to change it to "Bleach Personality Test"

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
You can't give it another name because it requires a query string, so you need a splash page with a nicer name; for that you'll need some webspace and then stick your splashpage there, some ISP's give free webspace.

To change the title of a webpage, you will need to access the HTML code of the page. This can typically be done by right-clicking on the page and selecting "View Page Source" or "Inspect Element." Once you have accessed the HTML code, you will need to locate the <title> tag. This tag is usually located near the top of the code and looks like this: <title>Page Title</title>. You can then edit the text between the <title> and </title> tags to your preferred title, in this case "Bleach Personality Test." Once you have made the change, save the code and refresh the webpage to see the new title.

1. How do I change the title of a webpage?

To change the title of a webpage, you can use the <title> tag in the <head> section of your HTML document. Simply replace the text between the opening and closing <title> tags with your desired title.

2. Can I change the title of a webpage using CSS?

No, the title of a webpage cannot be changed using CSS. The <title> tag is the only way to specify the title of a webpage.

3. Is it possible to change the title of a webpage dynamically?

Yes, you can use JavaScript to change the title of a webpage dynamically. You can access the <title> tag using the document.title property and update its value with the desired title.

4. What is the importance of changing the title of a webpage?

The title of a webpage is important for several reasons. It is one of the first things that users see when they open a webpage, and it can affect their decision to stay or leave. Additionally, search engines use the title as a ranking factor, so having a clear and relevant title can improve your website's visibility.

5. Can I change the title of a webpage without affecting its URL?

Yes, you can change the title of a webpage without altering its URL. This is useful if you want to update the title for better SEO or user experience without changing the page's URL, which may affect existing links and bookmarks.